Flabby skin :(

I have a little bit of excess skin on my tummy from being pregnant. . . I have been working out for awhile and my stomach is getting smaller but the skin is still there also I have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach . . .any ideas?

Replies

• Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Aside from waiting for it to unstretch, you can fill that lose flabby area with muscle =)

Have you thought about weight training? The best analogy I can give is Imagine two women at the beach. One does squats, and has HUGE round glutes, and her posterior looks full. The other just tries to stay skinny, and her's looks like a pancake.

=)
  • eswartz0728
    eswartz0728 Posts: 47
    I am thinking about it. . .I was just running but I do get the point of building some muscle to look not just skinny but I also don't want to look like a muscle woman
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Lift girl, lift.
    Might not totally cure it but it can only help, and no you won't look like a muscle women. :wink:

Also keep your diet in check, making sure you get enough calories and proper protein/carbs/fats & water.
    Lastly, patience.

I like to tell women to think of fitness models like in Shape mags, they lift weights.
    It took me a minute to realize that too.

Good luck.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Siege_Tank
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/535512-real-mfp-women-weight-training-befores-and-afters

Look through those before and afters. Women CAN'T get bulky without cutting to an exceptionally low bf%, and by trying for MONTHS to bulk. Sry, but you gals just lack the hormonal profile to pack on muscle.

Women who lift look great!
  • eswartz0728
    eswartz0728 Posts: 47
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/535512-real-mfp-women-weight-training-befores-and-afters

Look through those before and afters. Women CAN'T get bulky without cutting to an exceptionally low bf%, and by trying for MONTHS to bulk. Sry, but you gals just lack the hormonal profile to pack on muscle.

So can this be possible with hand weights? Or do I need to get dumb bells? I don't have time for the gym as I have a daughter with medical issues so I do all my workouts at home?
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member

So can this be possible with hand weights? Or do I need to get dumb bells? I don't have time for the gym as I have a daughter with medical issues so I do all my workouts at home?

Google body weight exercises. You can get some decent lifting through body weight exercises. For hand weights, they aren't the greatest but will work if you use heavy enough weights. Little 5 -10lb weights will not do anything.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Definitely add weight training! Cardio alone isn't going to tone post-pregnancy flab. You can easily do ab work at home.
  • Siege_Tank
    The key to building muscle though is to challenge yourself. Get a set of 20lb dumbbells, there are a TON of workouts that you can do, lifts you can perform at home.

The key to lifting is to go heavy. Low reps, high weight challenge your muscles and make them grow.