Hiding behind others in photos because I look fat

Options
It just occurred to me, so I'll say it. I hide my body behind other people in photos on purpose. I don't want to show how big I've gotten in the last 5 years. Does anyone else do similar things? I guess if I'm bold enough to be big, I should be bold enough to not be so insecure in photos.

Replies

• sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Definitely, I always did the same, not any more though!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i used to do the same thing!!!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't hide behind others. I just won't have pictures of me taken at all. The only recent pics of me are face level with my baby, and I take about 15 till I like one and delete the rest. One of my reasons for wanting to lose is so I can be happy in pics again and have pics with my kids, there are no pictures of me with my children when they are newborn because of it :(
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i've done it. seems like the obvious thing if given a choice
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When my boys were younger, I'd place one on either side of me to hide my wide hips. I've lost a few pounds, so I'm not as horrified by the camera these days. Stay focused, eat well, and you'll be front and center before you know it!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Definitely, I always did the same, not any more though!
  • katieverkuilen94
    Options
    I still do it. I actually like to be in the middle because then I can back up a few inches and let the people on each side of me cover up my sides a bit more. :( I'm working on my self-confidence.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    That would have been nice, I was so big there was no hiding. Unless there was a big mammal in the picture like a horse or an elephant. Also, being tall didn't help. I sure don't miss those days.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I was the one that always TOOK the photos so I wouldn't be in them. Now I ASK to have my photo taken. :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Be positive, at least you CAN hide behind others!

Seriously though, there is a period of time for which my wife and I have no untouched photos, as she photoshopped every last one of them because we were in serious denial about how bad we let things get. It's kind of amusing and irritating at the same time! lol

The important thing is taking that feeling and turning it into action.
  • FightingFox
    FightingFox Posts: 44
    Options
    I was the one that always TOOK the photos so I wouldn't be in them. Now I ASK to have my photo taken. :)
    ^^I'm still taking photos.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It just occurred to me, so I'll say it. I hide my body behind other people in photos on purpose. I don't want to show how big I've gotten in the last 5 years. Does anyone else do similar things? I guess if I'm bold enough to be big, I should be bold enough to not be so insecure in photos.

All pictures of me other than one are of me holding my two year old in front of my belly.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yep I used to do the same thing but not anymore
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It resonates with me so much. I used to jump into photos when I was fit. Now that I have gained 20 pounds I RESENT ppl with camera I have like an anxiety attack.
  • MegSimmons7
    MegSimmons7 Posts: 13
    Options
    LOL. I know that feeling. Unfortunately it's hard to hide a fat face too (for me), and when I get big, my face starts to chunk up. I used to love being in pictures, but at the moment .... NOPE. I'm a hider!
    That would have been nice, I was so big there was no hiding. Unless there was a big mammal in the picture like a horse or an elephant. Also, being tall didn't help. I sure don't miss those days.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You'll see in my before picture that my daughter was of insufficient size for hiding behind:

f179dd93-dcc6-461c-97be-944ca0fc2905_zps007d77e2.jpg

Still tried it!
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You'll see in my before picture that my daughter was of insufficient size for hiding behind:

Still tried it!
    lol!
    Reminds me of this picture of me from a(long)while back.
    22bx90.jpg
    "MAYBE IF I HOLD DYLAN AWKWARDLY IN FRONT OF ME, NO ONE WILL KNOW HOW FAT I AM!" false, past me, false.
  • MegSimmons7
    MegSimmons7 Posts: 13
    Options
    Haha, right. I totally do that too! Well, in other ways.

Still tried it!
    lol!
    Reminds me of this picture of me from a(long)while back.
    22bx90.jpg
    "MAYBE IF I HOLD DYLAN AWKWARDLY IN FRONT OF ME, NO ONE WILL KNOW HOW FAT I AM!" false, past me, false.
  • Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I try to hide as much as I can.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I used to do that all the time and I would even go as far as deleting unflattering pictures off my camera (and even my MIL's camera) but now that I've lost weight I kind of wish I had clearer "before" pics to be able to compare to how I look now.