Workout program for men

Options
amvis
amvis Posts: 22 Member
What would be a good beginners workout program for a man?I would like to give my husband a good workout dvd so as to get him started on his weight loss journey.He just bores himself on the elliptical these days and has told me numerous times that he wants to do something different other than running outside and going to the gym.i have read on here about various workout dvds but i really dont know what would be good for a man who is just starting out. i am on a tight budget so i need something thats not too costly.

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with running and hitting the weight room at the gym. It works. Get him a book on a good weight program. Try Strong Lifts or 5/3/1.
  • amvis
    amvis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with running and hitting the weight room at the gym. It works. Get him a book on a good weight program. Try Strong Lifts or 5/3/1.

I am not saying that running or hitting the gym is bad.At times he is bored doing the same thing over and over again.I am just thinking he can just mix it up a little bit with some workout dvds on days he cant make it to the gym or on days he doesnt feel like going for a run.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Take a walk with him. Get bicycles and bicycle together. Go bowling. Take up tennis. Get some inline skates.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

I would go this route as well. I've lifted for 30 years more on than off & have never had interest in DVD type route. I plan on starting 5/3/1 in the next month myself & the book would be a great gift for most men who lift for a long time or just started in the last couple years.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Take a walk with him. Get bicycles and bicycle together. Go bowling. Take up tennis. Get some inline skates.

This is a great idea. You're working out so you can have fun doing physical things. So why not go out and do the things you have fun doing?
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There's a bunch of workout programs at B/B.www * -.- hahaha idk if we can post sites so just google bodybuilding...
    I follow Kris Gething and Jamie Eason shes a girl so what keeps stuff kinda fun...
    on bulk Y3T but that's about it
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I 3rd this.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I 3rd this.

4th!
    If you really want videos (you mention a DVD) there are many free videos on YouTube giving form tips for the programs mentioned above.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate that on these forums no one will ever answer the OP's question!!

If you're on a budget, I suggest Be Fit in 90 on youtube. It's a 90 day system and its FREE!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFitin90
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If your husband is looking to lose weight, I would suggest that he does some resistance training to preserve LBM. Stronglifts 5 x 5 is an excellent program which is available online:

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/