different strength training exercises daily?

Options
curds
curds Posts: 201 Member
Hey Guys,

I'm a beginner to intermediate when it comes to strength training. I was just wondering if its okay to do the following program? I know you suppose to rest your muscles in between, but they not targeting the same muscle groups so I think its okay?

Day 1

5 Minute Warm Up; 45 Seconds each
Slow High Knees
Toe Touch Kicks
High Knee + Twists
Jog in Place
Jumping Jacks
Squats + Ventral Pulls

12 Exercises (48 minutes)
1 Chest Presses
2 Reverse Fly
3 Overhead Presses
4 Dumbbell Pullovers
5 Bicep Curls
6 Tricep Extensions
7 Chest Fly
8 Bentover Dumbbell Rows
9 Lateral Raises
10 Bentover Ventral Pulls
11 Hammer Curl
12 Skull Crushers

5 Minute Cool Down - 20 seconds each

Day 2

Cardio Warm Up (5 minutes)

Pulse Lunges
Plank Tucks
Side Lunges + Jumps
Flutterkick Pulse Squats
Bridge Kicks
Jack Squats

Cool down (5 minutes)

The above exercises I will use a weight except the cardio

Day 3

I do barre workouts

Day 4

same as day 1

Day 5

Same as day 2

Day 6
full cardio workout

ps: When I say beginner to intermediate, I mean that I don't lift heavy weights (heavy for me of course), but my form on the workouts are really good. My bf who does lift heavy checks it and I make sure I do proper form in my workouts as oppose to doing a lot of reps.

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me. What's your rep/weight ratio?
  • curds
    Options
    its tabata styled workouts meaning 20 seconds on 10 seconds off for four minutes each exercise. I know awhile ago there was a lil bit of a dispute about what tabata was so for arguments sake we can just call it HIIT.

I just wanted to double check if it was okay since I've been slacking a lil LOL and I'm planning to be a li'l more faithful to working out then what I have been.

I suck at presses so I don't go heavy like I said my weights ranges from 2-5 kgs depending on the exercise.

PS totally jelly (jealous) on your profile photo!
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Get Jillian Michaels 30 day shred its really good uses weights and cardio and abs youll love it. Try to push heavier with your weights your doing great! x
  • dragonbug300
    Options
    its tabata styled workouts meaning 20 seconds on 10 seconds off for four minutes each exercise. I know awhile ago there was a lil bit of a dispute about what tabata was so for arguments sake we can just call it HIIT.

I just wanted to double check if it was okay since I've been slacking a lil LOL and I'm planning to be a li'l more faithful to working out then what I have been.

I suck at presses so I don't go heavy like I said my weights ranges from 2-5 kgs depending on the exercise.

Awesome. Tabatas/HIIT are the best. I would still *try* to go a bit heavier with the weights each week, but your plan looks well-rounded overall.

And thank you ;) I'm fond of choosing pics that walk the line between silly and impressive.
  • curds
    Options
    Thanks! I did Jillian and its not for me, I like variety in my cardio, but I happen to like the strength training workouts I do so that's why they consistent.

I also know people are trying to help me out since I asked for their opinion so please don't take this the wrong way, but I won't increase my weights soon, I am totally in awe of heavy lifters and I don't lift heavy not because I think I will be bulky, but I actually do lift heavy for me and I am seeing great results muscle definition inch loss etc! So, yes its not heavy weights for other people that I lift, but I do try to increase my weights as I go a long with workouts I'm not that strong in and the ones I am strong in I try not to use lower weights!

So thanks didn't mean to be rude if it came across that way, I just wanted to double check that its okay to do it like I have it.

PS: I will be moving countries soon ;) so I can't go buy heavy weights even if I wanted to!
  • curds
    Options

Awesome. Tabatas/HIIT are the best. I would still *try* to go a bit heavier with the weights each week, but your plan looks well-rounded overall.

And thank you ;) I'm fond of choosing pics that walk the line between silly and impressive.

TOTALLY IMPRESSIVE ;) I love stuff like that! You are awesome if that is you and if its not you awesome for recognizing how impressive that is!
  • dragonbug300
    Options
    Cool deal. It doesn't really matter what anyone's definition of 'heavy lifting' is, just as long as you're feeling a resistance/burn in what you do. And good for you for finding something you can maintain whilst moving countries! That's got to be tough.

Heh, and yes, that is me. I'm a yoga instructor in my spare time. Thank you!
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Nothing you do there would really stress the muscles at all, so that sort of routine would be fine to be done daily if you want. For sure every second day is fine.

You only need rest when you push the muscles with enough weight and intensity, that you actually damage the muscle. When that happens, it takes a couple days for that damage to repair. thats where the calorie burn from lifting, and the muscle building come from.