Sup everyone

Options
So yeah . . . I registered on a weight loss site to see if i would help me lose weight at all. A lot of the people I surround myself with are in very good shape, but most of them are terrible at reccomending ways to lose weight and don't provide me with the kind of support that I think I need. I'm thinking about joining a gym over the summer and getting a personal trainer for a more hands on approach for the whole thing, but for now I'm relying on the internet for advice.

I'm a dude, 18, turning 19 on the twenty-third, and I've wanted to lose weight for about ... 7-8 years now. Yeah, everything from Middle School to now haven't exactly been *****in' times.

I've been registered on this site for months now, I haven't really committed to using it yet though. Now that the semester at my college is ending I'll have the time to actually try to lose weight ... I know I shouldn't say "try" but instead say "will", but I've been saying that for years now so my confidence has taken a hell of a beating :(

Replies

• ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hey man welcome to the site! You can def turn things around for yourself, I said the same thing. But like Yoda said "Do. Or do not, there is no try" And happy future birthday :]
  • crunchienugget
    crunchienugget Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well you've taken the rigt step forward, and theres loads of people here to help. good for you for stepping to the challenge!
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    absolutely.

from beginners to experts absolutely everything you need.

I signed up today and quite impressed!

my recommendation for you to guide in the right direction would be to invest in a good trainer, do your research!
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If u want, u can add me. My bday is the 24th, the day after urs!