ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO RID/DECREASE STOMACH FAT AND LOVE

Options
I think I would look REALLY good if I could lose these dangone love handles..... My mid section is killing me. I will really enjoy these size 10's if I can work on this area.... Is there any target training exercise I can do. The only way I love my stomach is if I am lying down.....LOLOLOLOL!

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Planks, both front and side. You could also do the 100 sit-up challenge. (Free on line) I actually found that the sit up challenge was too much for me and I ended up injuring my neck. Planks are easy on your body, target all aspects of the abs and back and a one minute plank is the equiv of 100 crunches in terms of results! They are not easy to do properly but once you get the right position it really is amazing the difference to both your posture and those darn love handles. Added bonus is that because of the nature of the excercise you can do it every day instread of taking a day off the recuperate as you would have to for crunches! What a silly name -love handles! Have asuper day and best of luck with the handles!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    Is it fat or is it stretched skin?

I am in a UK 10 (US 8?) at the moment and will still not show off my lower stomach, it's stretched beyond repair by my 2 little darlings :)

If its more like fat than skin, it's not really possible to "spot reduce" you would have to just keep losing weight and hope it came off your tummy area eventually, I know for me it's one of the last places for it to go , sigh
  • absofsteel
    absofsteel Posts: 48
    Options
    All my weight is gathered around my middle..I can't wait to get rid of this 'muffin top' that sids on top of my jeans !!!
  • hannahlang85
    hannahlang85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there is no way of target training to loose fat in a specific area. Everyones body looses fat in different areas at different rates. In some ppl the stomach is the last to go and your body will hold on to it until all other fat is used, then start to take from the "love handles". Like for me in order to see my abs I have to loose all my boobies first :( Thats just the way "my" body works. So you'll prob just have to keep losing weight in order for those to go away. That means your whole body fat percentage will have to go down. Hope this makes sence!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Like for me in order to see my abs I have to loose all my boobies first

This is SO true. AND hilarious!!!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This is a really good site... whether or not you follow their interval training schedule - it's free & it has some really good articles.

http://www.losebellyfatworkout.com/
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hannah is right, your overall body fat has to go down. So, good old cardio and weight training. Planks are great, as is core work. But, you can't spot reduce. And even more importantly is the saying that abs are made in the kitchen. Drink your water, try not to go over 1800 mg of sodium a day, and eat a diet (whatever your calorie level may be) that is 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat. That should help you. By doing these things I have lost 2.5" in about 3.5 weeks.