Anyone Else Not Seeing Results with 30 Day Shred?

Options
On my first day of Level 3 of 30 Day Shred, I did level 1 and 2 doing both of them for 10 days (doing this consecutively as a challenge to myself, after the 30 days I was planning to do Ripped in 30 5 days a week) so I am on day 21 of working out.
I have been within my weekly calorie goals since I started doing it and yet not way under my goal(eating TDEE-15% or so, set at moderately active as I have a standing job, horseback ride (competitive jumper not walking trail rides) then do 30 Day Shred).
I've lost 0 pounds, I've lost a grand total of 2.25" (I measure 7 different places on my body). The only 'good' losses I have seen is 0.5 off my natural waist, and 0.5 off my thigh. The other 1.25" came from arms and chest (I would rather have kept the boobs thank you haha), and the 'progress' pics show no difference (in fact I think I almost look worse!!). The only differences I can see in the mirror are my collar bones are looking nice, and my boobs look like deflated balloons.
You see all these 30 Day Shred success pictures where people go from big stomachs with no definition to flat stomachs with definition within 10-15 days of starting it. Anyone else seeing virtually no positive changes even after all your hard work and sticking to your calories?

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Umm...I'm confused. You said that you lost inches so what exactly is the problem? A half an inch off your waist in 10 days is pretty good in my opinion! On top of that, the closer you are to your goal, the harder it becomes to get to it. When I first started losing weight it FLEW off. Im talking 5 pounds within a week here. Now that I'm much smaller, I'm lucky if I lose a half a pound a week lol.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    Perhaps taking more rest days would help. You truly get results when your body is able to "sleep" some. :)

Also, try varying your calorie intake. Eat high one day, then low the next. Up your water some if you are only getting 8 or less in a day, and also try to increase your protein slightly.

I lost a great deal of inches and 10 lbs with the Shred in only 33 days. Started in the 170's and ended up in the 160's. I'm 5'5 if that matters. :) I took approximately 6 rest days, and also did Kickboxing Fast Fix (3) every other day. I ate clean 80% of the time, and made sure to eat balanced, got my 10 cups of water each day, and didn't push myself hard at all. Moderate to Mod-High was the intensity I kept each time, and never had issues with soreness.
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Would you consider posting your pics and we can give you an honest non biased reply. I would consider that inch loss to be very good.
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do you have pictures, please? It sounds as though you are a similat build to me, I just did L2 day 8 today so would be great to have a look.
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Perhaps taking more rest days would help. You truly get results when your body is able to "sleep" some. :)

Also, try varying your calorie intake. Eat high one day, then low the next. Up your water some if you are only getting 8 or less in a day, and also try to increase your protein slightly.

I lost a great deal of inches and 10 lbs with the Shred in only 33 days. Started in the 170's and ended up in the 160's. I'm 5'5 if that matters. :) I took approximately 6 rest days, and also did Kickboxing Fast Fix (3) every other day. I ate clean 80% of the time, and made sure to eat balanced, got my 10 cups of water each day, and didn't push myself hard at all. Moderate to Mod-High was the intensity I kept each time, and never had issues with soreness.

Do you have pictures please? It sounds as though you are a similar build to me. I just did L2 day 8 today so it would be great to have a look.
  • skinnyme444
    skinnyme444 Posts: 86
    Options
    Don't give up! I think level 3 made all the difference with me! Add some more cardio in aswell, I started walking 4 miles a day and doing 30 mins of no more trouble zones every other day on level 3 and it made the difference! I lost 13 inches all over from 6 different places but I don't look like it or feel it! At the end of the day, we're woman and no matter how much weight we lose, we will still look at ourselves and go no, I haven't lost enough or there's no change! you see yourself every day so you won't notice the difference.

Also, it is only 30 days, I excpected a miracle to be worked but 20 mins a day for 30 days? There's only so much she can do! give it time and don't give in! Feel free to add :-)
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do day 10 of level 3 tomorrow and will measure then, BUT, I am not expecting much. I have been monitoring my progress as I go by trying on a pair of trousers and a dress that are both on the small side. There doesn't seem to be any good news.

I have been eating under TDEE (averaging - 15%) during the entire 32 days that the programme has taken me. I haven't done any exercise other than walking quite a lot.

My first ten days looked very promising and I noticed a change around my stomach and waist, but since then I seem to have stalled.

Will post if anything exciting tomorrow
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You lost in inches. Not pounds. That sounds about right.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach with definition, comes from diet.. not exercise. You need to have a pretty low body fat before abs will show.

That being said, you lost inches.. which is a good thing so close to your goal.

Maybe try ditching Jillian and doing a different routine? It may make a difference for you.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach with definition, comes from diet.. not exercise. You need to have a pretty low body fat before abs will show.

That being said, you lost inches.. which is a good thing so close to your goal.

Maybe try ditching Jillian and doing a different routine? It may make a difference for you.

What the he!! is that in your profile picture?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing if you're in shape already, those programs won't do you much good, honestly. Maybe try insanity or something instead.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    Do you have pictures, please? It sounds as though you are a similat build to me, I just did L2 day 8 today so would be great to have a look.

Why yes! Here you go...

30DSEndRESULTS-Front1_zpse26267bd.jpg

JM2monthMEASUREMENTS_zps8ddfbccf.jpg
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Glad it sounds there are at least a person or 2 that feel like I do. For those that asked for pics, here they are. I was not kidding when there was no visible difference.
    406580662.jpg

406580664.jpg

406580663.jpg
  • Lvlytxn
    Lvlytxn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in Day 20 frontal view. It looks firmer, more defined. I just finished Level 3 Day 1. I haven't stepped on the scale or measured since starting it back on March 25th. Yes, it's taken me that long! I take 2-3 days off a week. One rest day, one day of zumba, and one day of elliptical. One hour each. I can't see much difference in myself either. But we are our own worst critics. Hang in there!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I don't see much of a difference, but definitely keep up with it. A lot of people say that level 3 is when they started noticing changes.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean about not getting results. I can definitely see a difference, especially in the last pic with your back.

Also, you are not going to get a rockstar body just 20 days in. It can take some people years to get to that point. Remember too, weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. I do like what somebody else mentioned about calorie cycling - eating a lower amount about 5 days a week, and eating a higher amount 1 to 2 days a week. That has worked well for me.

How many calories a day are you consuming on average?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I already do a sort of calorie cycling. I eat 1500 cals during the week so I can eat 1800-2200 on the weekends to average out at 1800 a day weekly.
    I knew I wouldn't get a rock hard bod in 30 days but I thought I would see a least a tiny difference.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    We are always our own worst critics, and it's hard to see a difference in our bodies when we see the every day. I not only see the difference in your back, but your legs too after looking at the pics again.

I do love Jillian Michaels, but I'm also not a fan of doing the same workout every day. I instead rotate her DVDs and that has really helped me.

When I was losing, I was eating around 1400 calories a day, and about 2000 on the weekend.

Best of luck. I know you can do this.
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started 30Ds on 1 April, but did not do it every day... I did 2-3 days and then had a cardio day - got to the end of levels 1 & 2 by end of April, eating back most of my burned calories. I have only done 2 days at level 3 so far in May and no cardio due to work commitments and a family bereavement - which has meant a little more alcohol and sweet eating than in the previous weeks - but all pretty much within my base 1,200 calorie goal (no exercise calories to eat back :ohwell: .)

So far in the first 2 weeks of May I have lost 2.5 kg (5.5lb) - almost as much as I lost in the whole of April, with less exercise! I am actually a little freaked at losing this much so fast, so have actually recorded only a 2 kg (4.4lb) weight loss as a buffer in case I suddenly jump up in the next week or two !!!

I do intend to finish level 3 of 30DS by 25 May - when I will take final measurements and take more photos so I can get a proper before/ after view of how my body has changed.
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D10 and I'm down 1 inch in all my measurements except I'm down 3 inches in my bust. So far I'm liking the results.