Best way to maintaince

Options
I have just hit my goal :D but I can not decide how best to to go on maintance. Dies anyone have any ideas or tips for me to follow

Many thanks in advance :D

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have just hit my goal :D but I can not decide how best to to go on maintance. Dies anyone have any ideas or tips for me to follow

you just eat more till you stop losing weight..... i'm not sure what you mean by 'how best to do it'?
  • franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'll be following this with interest ...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

I just gradually increased my calories every week (custom set my calorie goal) until I found the sweet spot where I didn't lose or gain.
    Just takes a little trial and error. Strangely I've also found that from time to time you have to make small adjustments.

Personally I believe accepting a weight range where you are happy to be is much better than setting a rigid single number on the scales to allow for normal weight fluctuation.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    1. Eat bigger portions of what you were eating before but increase them only in the same ratio as you did whilst you were dieting (so don't suddenly switch from a diet with plenty of protein, vegetables and good fats to mostly "junk food" thereby denying yourself of nutrition)
    2. Keep your daily activity level as high as possible (not necessarily a lot of exercise in the gym but more walking and standing in general etc)
    3. If you feel confident that your diet is solid then stop tracking and learn to follow your hunger cues rather than socially ordained meal times. If you don't keep tracking for a while but consciously consider what you are doing so you can then transition to an unconscious eating style (unless you want to keep logging calories for ever - which sounds like no fun...)

The beauty of calorie counting is not really about the accuracy of your numbers. It is about learning portion size, control, good diet, hunger and appetite control, and how treats fit into the diet which is perfect for you

Good luck!
  • natm91
    natm91 Posts: 39
    Options

you just eat more till you stop losing weight..... i'm not sure what you mean by 'how best to do it'?

If u eatmmore u will gain wait I dont want to gain I wanna keep where I am :)

And thanks guys :) ill give these tips ago
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If u eatmmore u will gain wait I dont want to gain I wanna keep where I am :)

And thanks guys :) ill give these tips ago

no.