August / September INSANITY CHALLENGE..... ANY TAKERS?

MamaJess
MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
OK, THE END OF THIS MONTH I AM DONE WITH MY 30 DAY SHRED. ON THE FIRST OF AUGUST I AM FINALLY GOING TO START THE INSANITY PROGRAM. MY HUSBAND BOUGHT IT FOR ME IN APRIL AND I TRIED IT ONCE AND QUIT. THIS TIME I AM GOING TO STICK WITH IT AND I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP FROM OTHERS THAT WANT TO JOIN TO. I WOULD LIKE FOR EVERYONE TO POST THEIR BEFORE MEASUREMENTS AND THEIR BEFORE WEIGHT ALONG WITH YOUR BEFORE PHOTO. THE PHOTO CAN EITHER BE TAKEN THE 31ST OF JULY OR THE 1ST OF AUGUST. WE WILL REMEASURE AND RE WEIGH THE 1ST AND 15TH OF BOTH MONTHS. AND OUR FINAL MEASUREMENTS AND WEIGH IN WILL BE BY 11; 59 PM ON SEPTEMBER 30TH.
ALSO DURING THIS JOURNEY WE WILL SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER AND POST HELPFUL TIPS AND RECIPES TO HELP EACH OTHER. SOME GROUPS START OUT STRONG AND ARE FURIOUSLY DEDICATED AND THEN THEIR FIRE BURNS OUT. SO LET'S START STRONG AND GET STRONGER TOGETHER! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW NEW PEOPLE TO GROW STRONGER WITH. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
JESSICA :happy:

Replies

• KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    What's the insanity challenge?
  • jtuch10
    jtuch10 Posts: 3
    Jessica- What is the Insanity workout? I am not familiar with it but would love to know more about it. I am at the point where I really need to incorporate some exercise in my routine to lose my last few pounds......I am a possible 'taker' if you could educate me a little about this workout :)

Jaclyn
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    I'm not starting on August 1st - I still have this round of P90X to get through. I am looking at starting a group of ladies on it at church some time in August though. Just an FYI - but it is hard to read all caps.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Ladies, you can check out Insanity at beachbodycoach.com/SuperAYLA. 60 day workout to get you into awesome shape!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    THIS is Insanity:

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/NancySchwert?bctid=45375625001

Message me if you want more info. There's also a special going on right now that if you purchase through a Beachbody coach (like me!), you get a free 20-minute workout created by Shaun T. called "Fast and Furious."

I did my first round in January/February of this year. It's truly the hardest workout I've ever done. It makes me proud to know I committed to it, and finished!
  • MamaJess
    What's the insanity challenge?

It is a total body work out. It comes with a nutrition plan and plenty of support to help you along the way. It is very up beat and high impact. Depending on where you are at and how much intensity you put into it you can burn up to 1,000 calories per hour. For me I burn between 600-700 calories. If it is something that you are thinking of purchasing follow the link that the other woman posted on here because it sounds like she has a great promotion going right now. It also seems like she has a lot of good info about it too. if you want more info on it, google - Sean T's Insanity Program and you will find about 10,000 links just pick one of the first 3-5 and I am sure you will find what you are looking for. Good luck
  • MamaJess
    Hey everyone. I would love some takers on this challenge. I am doing it either way but it would be so much more fun to have people to do it along with me. It's always nice to have other people to discuss things with. Look forward to meeeting new people and having new friends to work out with.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    hey MamaJess - I just started a threa about starting INSANITY on 8-2-2010 and found yours. I'm down to do it together. I'm taking my measurements and weight and photos on Sunday so this is perfect.
    I'm doing it with my fiance, but I would love some MFP friends to join!!!
  • MamaJess
    hey MamaJess - I just started a threa about starting INSANITY on 8-2-2010 and found yours. I'm down to do it together. I'm taking my measurements and weight and photos on Sunday so this is perfect.
    I'm doing it with my fiance, but I would love some MFP friends to join!!!

Well, I am glad to have someone else on here to do it also. I looked at your profile and you are smokin. Glad you are doing the challenge but I have had 6 kids and am sure that I am not starting at the same level as you are. None the less I am sure that we will all be sore and have fun together though! LOL Any time you want to chat or talk just send me an email. I litterally check this page everytime I eat or do any physical activity. LOL
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    YEY I'm excited. I hope we get more people to join, the more the merrier.

I'm doing this for sure so we will def help each other out. I know INSANITY is going to be intense no matter what. But I'm ready for the challenge.

:smile:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Count me in! I did the first month once and was losing weight and feeling GREAT! Than life got in the way and I quit. I'm planning on starting again this monday and would love the support from anyone else doing it! I will take all measurements sunday!! YAY
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    I've seen the infomercials and insane is an understatement!!!!! I thought about buying it, but since I'm off for the summer, I just go to the gym every day. I also purchased two DVD's to use for when I have to go back to work next month. One is by Cathe (don't know her last name), and the other one is by Jillian Michaels. I'd love to know how it goes with the insanity challenge. I look forward to watching your progress. Good luck!!!
  • MamaJess
    Alright Everone, I have some bad news and some good news. First off, I am not going to be doing the Insanity Program until August 16th. We don't get back from vacation until then. It will be easier for me to take my 30 Day Shred along rather than a Whole program. Also, my little people start back to school and It is easier for me to stick to a scheduled workout routine when they are in school. Sorry to disapoint anyone.
    However, on vacation I will still be keeping track of my workouts, and my calorie intake. I will start on the first with everyone else with my before pictures and my initial weigh in and measurements. This few extra days will also give me a little more time to (hopefully) build up some more muscle. LOL !!!
    ANy good healthy snack ideas for long road trips? I do not like pre packaged things from the store because of all the preservatives but I do like to make my own things and pre bag them at home. Any good ideas are welcome. Please let me know. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.