Cheat days: what you eat, how many cal, etc

Options
Also, how much do you gain the next day and how long does it take to lose all that weight you gained. What were you highest calorie cheat days? If you happen to have one in you dairy, post it here for others to check. As for me - I am on 3000 cal now, my next cheat day is gonna be 22th may, planning on going over 10000 cals - going to be epic.

Replies

• vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I dont really have cheat days, more like cheat meals.
    1 per week and not usually anything really high, chinese, pizza,burger etc.

Sorr not much help but I hope you enjoy yours :)
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I usually just do whatever over the weekends. The main difference is that I will usually have more alcohol and that we often eat out. I usually come in at between 2500 and 3000 calories.

This weekend, however, will be the first time we have friends over while I'm counting calories. When I say "have friends over" I mean we watch a film, eat junk and get sh**faced. I'm interested to see what the end result of the weekend actually is :)
  • dyermatt5
    dyermatt5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I have a cheat like pizza I make sure it is within my daily calories and I work out that day! If I got out to eat and splurge this is the day I eat back some calories from excersing! Then you don't feel guilty and it doesn't affect your continued weight loss!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Resses.....................AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.............

reeses_cake.jpg
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    if you excercise enough you should be able to fit everything into your calories, so you don't need to cheat.

if I have a day like that its usually cause I'm surfing or fishing or out with people, or someones birthday.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When I am being serious I usually only do a cheat meal here and there. Cheat meals when I cook at home are usually something starchy or high carb. If I am dining out it is usually pizza or Chinese food. Even when I do this I watch my calories throughout the rest of the day. If I know I am going to have pizza that night, I will have protein shakes for my meals and eat a couple apples during the day.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    How can I cheat a lifestyle?
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Why would I come up with a regime that requires me to cheat?

If I want alcohol, or cake, or icecream, or a really huge steak, I make sure it fits my calories, and approximates my macros. That's sustainable. I average out over the week, so if I do want a more than MFP says I can have today, I plan an extra workout tomorrow, or shave 100 calories off several other days, or both. It's all about balance and something I can do for the rest of my life.
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I personally don't do do cheat days. Because the way I am eating now is how I plan to eat forever. So if I overeat one day. Like I did last night. Then I did it. Suck it up keep it moving. Today I will stick to my calorie goal.

In the past when I have done other weigh loss plans. I have had cheat days. That ended up turning into cheat weeks, months and years.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How can I cheat a lifestyle?

This. Seems to totally defeat the purpose to me.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, since this is a lifestyle change not a diet. I do "allow" myself a treat every once in awhile. For example, I love starbucks and their frappuccinos. So I have one a week from there. (I use to drink one 3-4 times a week! Lol)
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do it on the weekends. It's to hard to make different meals for everyone in the family so I make stuff everybody likes. I normally try to keep it not to out of line. If it's a true cheat day I never go over 1000 over my TDEE.
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily plan out cheat days. And, it's more a cheat meal, rather than cheating for an entire day. For instance, this weekend is my boyfriends birthday and I'm taking him out for dinner. I'll have my normal breakfast and lunch and my work out for the day, but I'll have something I wouldn't normally eat for dinner. Then I just get back to normal for the rest of the week. I don't count the calories on that meal and I don't worry that I'll gain a ton of weight because I had one 'not so good' meal.
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't have 'cheat' days but I do have a couple of higher calorie days where I fit in some 'fun' foods. I look at my weekly caloric goal instead of daily which allows some freedom. If I just let myself have a true 'cheat' day, I will eat a whole weeks worth of calories in a day. I CAN EAT LIKE A MAN!! A really big man. :drinker: And drink like a man!:smile:
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't plan "cheat" days (they totally happen, I guess I just don't think of it as a "cheat." or really plan it out, for some reason). I did plan an entire "cheat" vacation though :)

The deal I have made with myself is that I NEVER cheat on my exercise plan and I eat a certain number of fruits and veggies each day no matter what else to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients and fresh food. Even on my vacation, I obvi couldn't do my whole workout plan, but I went to the store and carried fresh fruit in my purse, and I planned a hike one day and some long walks on other days.

This seems to work for me.

Oh and to answer your other question, on my cheat vacation, I gained 5 pounds in 1 week. I've taken off 4 of them in 2 weeks without extra effort. No big deal.
  • alicevick3
    alicevick3 Posts: 21
    Options
    I find that after eating really clean, low fat meals a high fat meal does not stay in my system long enough to become weight. Plus there is the extra exercise from running to the potty!
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    I cheat on weekends, but I don't feel guilty about it so I don't really consider it cheating. I eat pretty healthy and clean during the week and am always way under my calorie goal. That way it evens out when I eat a lot more on weekends :). I just make sure that my daily average over the week is somewhere around where I would like it to be. It does show on the scale too though... I am in maintenance mode so not trying to lose, but I will usually gain 3-4 pounds by the time the weekend is over, but i always manage to lose it again by Friday. The weight gain is not a 'true' weight gain though, which is why it is so easy to lose it again in just 5 days. It's just from all the extra sugar/sodium and other crap i eat on weekends causes my body to retain water or something along the lines of that.

To answer the specific questions : my cheat days are usually around 2,000-2,500 cals on saturday and/or sunday. I eat out at restaurants, have more snacks and sweets than usual...it doesn't take much to add up!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I haven't really done a "cheat day" yet. If I did I don't know that I would set a number for calories. I would just eat, drink and log it later.