Oat Bran Cheese Cake

Options
EniBee
EniBee Posts: 274 Member
2 tablespoons of Oatbran for the base.
1 teaspoon of sweetner/sugar
2 table spoons of Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Goji (drier) berries (optional)

Since I discovered this recipe, I make it every day.

Mix the oatbran with the sweetner. Place in a ramikin dish and add the goji berries. In a separate dish, mix the yoghurt with the lemon juice. Pour the yoghurt mixture over the oatbran. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.

Enjoy...Makes 1 portion. Only 89 calories!!

Let me know what you think...

Replies

• ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    its a great alternative/substiture...my only problem with it is that the yoghurt doesnt do it for me, hence why i opt for fat free cream cheese or quark and mix that with whey cause i need the protein, but apart from that, great idea...especially for the crust. gotta give it a shot sometime.
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    so...cereal and yogurt? had that for breakfast
  • kathyvstephan
    Options
    bump
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

What...exactly...about that resembles cheese cake?
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    its a great alternative/substiture...my only problem with it is that the yoghurt doesnt do it for me, hence why i opt for fat free cream cheese or quark and mix that with whey cause i need the protein, but apart from that, great idea...especially for the crust. gotta give it a shot sometime.

I'll try your suggestion. I tried substituting the natural yoghurt with another flavour of yoghurt, but the recipe did not work. You see, the liquid from the natural yoghurt and lemon seeps out and is absorbed by the oatbran - leaving the texture of the yoghurt firm. The yoghurt alternative that you use has to somehow moisten the oatbran.
  • emhos671
    emhos671 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MMM, bump!