Black Bean Brownies! (Trust me they are excellent)

Options

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • _speshk
    _speshk Posts: 19
    Options
    I've done these before and they're f-ing fantastic.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lulu150
    lulu150 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think I will have to make these for the family, not tell and see what happens :laugh:
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hmm, gonna have to try this with some substitutions..

egg whites vs whole eggs
    applesauce vs oil
    molasses vs sugar
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've tried them before... they are okay. The texture is not much like a brownie though. It's more like a custard or like an old-fashioned type of pudding.
  • Rikki_Sixx
    Rikki_Sixx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to try this, as I hear they're great! Another one to try is beetroot brownies, which sounds horrible is just as good!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sounds kinda gross, but I just tried them and they are delicious! I am particularly pleased to have found this recipe because as a diabetic I can't eat regular brownies because of the carb/sugar content. But these brownies only have 13 grams of carbs per serving and the serving size is very generous.

I cut my batch into 9 pieces (the recipe says 12, but I wanted them a bit bigger) and the nutrition facts are as follows:

Per Serving: 186 Calories 14g carbs 15g fat 3g protein 2g fiber

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/black-bean-brownies-recipe/index.html

Let me know if anyone else has tried this and what you thought.

I am going to try this! Thanks :)
  • traceygorham
    traceygorham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've made these often, for family and friends alike...everybody loves them! I've shared the recipe with several of my accountability group ladies and they all had great success making these for their own families! =) They are definitely more fudgey than cake like and a great "healthy" treat. The recipe I use is different, but I love the idea of adding espresso, may have to try it.

My go-to egg free and wheat free recipe (I use maple syrup & coconut oil).. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

These are around 115 calories per brownie. :)
  • serendip58
    serendip58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I plan on making these this week and can't wait for the outcome. I can spread them around @ work, with family~
    Thanks for the recipe and tips everyone :)
  • Ron6098
    Ron6098 Posts: 31
    Options
    Made them today. Very good even with my alterations. Replaced half the oil with apple sauce and did not use chocolate chips or powder sugar. 9 servings 145 calories each.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    It actually IS very good.. I tried chocolate cake using black beans instead of flour.. best cake ever
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Bump! I wanna try these tonight!
  • sucg
    sucg Posts: 36
    Options
    BUMP
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in these there is a good blog/website called Chocolate Covered Katie. She uses beans a lot. I think (?) most of her things are gluten free.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    nasty............ill eat a 100 calerie snack pack

HAHA....you sound like my teenage son. He came out while I was cooking black beans one night and says "OMG what is that, looks disgusting". I said, it's black beans, he says "I don't want that"...I said "You've never had them".

Later that night, I say "dinner's ready", he comes out of his hole (teenager rooms are like a deep dark dungeon), he sees burritos I've made and says "You didn't use that gross stuff earlier did you?". I said, "not in yours, just mine and moms". He eats em up....comes back and says "Those were great dad"...I say "See you do like black beans". He just turned around and went back into his room without saying a word.

Dad Wins!
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Can't wait to try!!!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think i'll make these and not tell anyone theyre black bean lol