Not exactly "new" but...

Options
I've been on here about 2 months now, so I thought I'd check in! My name's Ashley, I'm 28 and a single mom of a wonderful 7 year old boy. I live in western Wisconsin...

Started here because one of my coworkers is a member, and she and I are workout buddies. I started out really good with keeping my food journal, but for the past month I've not done a good job at keeping up with it. I have been doing everything the same tho...eating better and exercising. Just not logging it. SO I started again because NOTHING IS HAPPENING. It's been almost 2 months now and I have barely lost any weight (4 lbs so far), none of my clothes fit any different. It's very discouraging. Broke me down to tears about a week ago.

Soooo here I am! If there's anything anyone wants to know, don't hesitate to ask! I'm going to try to be more...active..on the site. Maybe help me keep motivation. I am motivated, just from not seeing much improvement--it gets aggrivating.

Replies

• Riaki1977
    Riaki1977 Posts: 1
    Options
    I KNOW HOW YOU FEELING .....BUT TRUST ME IF YOU DO WHAT I HAVE DONE YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT TOO.....CUT IN HALF ALL YOUR FOOD PORTIONS AND TRY LOTS OF JUICES FROM FRUITS AND VEGGIES INSTEAD OF FOOD YOU WILL LOSE THE LBS FAST....DONT BE AFRAID I WAS IN YOUR SHOES ONCE.....AND I START LOSING THE WEIGHT....JUST TRY LITTLE HARDER,,AND YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT...!!( Dont forget the get vitamins ..try spirulina or chia seeds.....)
  • maidsmum
    maidsmum Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Ashely,

I am sort of in the same boat - have been logging on here and keeping track for the last 2 months but have only lost 2lbs. I do track most days, but there are days when I don't fill everything in.

I keep thinking I might as well give up, but I have some clothes I really want to get back in to and also I found an old photo of me from when my daughter was born and it gave me a real push to carry on - I was so skinny back then!! I recently also started measuring myself, and although the scales are saying there is little change, the tape measure is more kind!

I think I might have to have another look at portions - particularly when others are cooking for me - and the actual breakdown of my meals. I only recently discovered the breakdown on here, I was mostly relying on my iPhone to keep track.

What about your friend? How are they doing? Could they give you any tips on how they are doing?

Don't get down about it, its taken a long time for you to get here and changes won't happen overnight.
  • valey1234
    valey1234 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello glad to see your not giving up . What kind of workouts do you do ? what do you weigh now? and what is your goal? These are all important things you need to ask yourself . You are off to a good start by reaching out to others keep up the good work when you find the right program for you will know it . if you need a friend Im here valey 1234.:smile:
  • Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello Ashley! I understand how you feel my scale isn't budging much either. In fact, my first week on MFP I gained three lbs. I almost quit immediately. I would say don't be discouraged and continue to log. In my opinion, logging my food intake actually lets me see how much I am really eating and how may calories I am taking in, and lets me know if I can actually have that extra glass of wine or cookie at night. At the end of the day you are still eating better and exercising more so you are still a better you.
  • AAllin38
    AAllin38 Posts: 20
    Options
    I've been on here about 2 months now, so I thought I'd check in! My name's Ashley, I'm 28 and a single mom of a wonderful 7 year old boy. I live in western Wisconsin...

Started here because one of my coworkers is a member, and she and I are workout buddies. I started out really good with keeping my food journal, but for the past month I've not done a good job at keeping up with it. I have been doing everything the same tho...eating better and exercising. Just not logging it. SO I started again because NOTHING IS HAPPENING. It's been almost 2 months now and I have barely lost any weight (4 lbs so far), none of my clothes fit any different. It's very discouraging. Broke me down to tears about a week ago.

Soooo here I am! If there's anything anyone wants to know, don't hesitate to ask! I'm going to try to be more...active..on the site. Maybe help me keep motivation. I am motivated, just from not seeing much improvement--it gets aggrivating.

im new here also.... just trying to figure out this friend thing. Perhaps I should start with you!
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thing I tell myself is I didn't get this like in a short period of time. So I need to realize it's going to take time to get where I want. Even if you don't see the visual just remember you're making your insides stronger and healthier also.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Start measuring your inches tot rack when you feel discouraged about the scale. A few weeks ago I was disappointed I didn't lose an ounce in a week so I busted out the tape measure and saw how many inches I had lost over the last few weeks and I wasn't upset anymore. :)

You might want to see what the breakdown of what you are eating equates to as far as carbs, fat, protein and see how much sodium you are getting. If you eat a lot of processed foods, sodium is killer. How much water do you drink? Perhaps you aren't eating enough food for your activity level. Have yout ried calculating your calorie needs? Here is a fantastic thread for that: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=road+map&page=1#posts-14887744

Don't give up. It's only been 2 months, your body will adjust once it figures out what you are doing. :flowerforyou:
  • ashcphillips
    Options
    I have measured my inches, and they haven't changed. At all. I thought I was moving forward when I put on an old jacket and it fit awesome....a few days later I realized the seam in the armpits and one side of the jacket had come out. SO not as good as I thought. lol I've heard a few times that I might not be eating enough calories.

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement and advice, feel free to add me!!