Alcoholic Beverages

Options
So I'm going out with the girls tonight for half off apps and drinks at Applebees. I plan on eating dinner at home and maybe stealing one or two cheese sticks from someone haha. Anyway, I quit drinking diet soda about 6 weeks ago and I don't plan on starting up again. I used to drink Coconut Malibu Rum and Diet Coke but I can't do that anymore. Most drinks are so high-cal it's crazy! I've been drinking a Mike's Cranberry Hard Lemonade or two on the weekends and they are 220 cals a piece! Any lower cal drinks out there (besides beer) that don't have aspartame/phenylalanine in them?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Water. But if I were you, I'd read up on why I wasn't drinking diet drinks again. Maybe from an authority in nutrition.

(Unless of course you have the genetic disorder phenylketonuria)
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Best option are wine and whiskey with water
  • AprilLove125
    Options
    Applebees has a skinny margarita that has about 100 calories per drink. I've had one and it's not bad. One or two of those and lots of water would be a good bet, I think.
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    Water. But if I were you, I'd read up on why I wasn't drinking diet drinks again. Maybe from an authority in nutrition.

(Unless of course you have the genetic disorder phenylketonuria)

I quit drinking diet soda because I have had dizziness and vision problems for one year now. I decided to try eliminating things from my diet since my CT and MRI scans came back okay, except for a brian malformation in my optical lobe (Arnold-Chiari) which my neurologist said would not be causing dizziness. Also, my dentist told me it would be a good idea.
  • mrmortha
    mrmortha Posts: 1
    Options
    Most hard alcoholic drinks only have 69 calorie per ounce so I would recommend a vodka and OJ or cranberry and whiskey. Ask the bartender.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wine, water, wine, water, wine, water, water
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just get some Remy martin 1738...
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    A good margarita and/or pina colada will do wonders!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Have water or iced tea and a tequila shot or two.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Sparkling wine and wine are my favourites. You can also go for something like vodka and soda if you prefer cocktails.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bourbon on the rocks, once the ice melts, there's your water
  • Steffany_H
    Steffany_H Posts: 2
    Options
    Lots of great suggestions
  • JessFox33
    JessFox33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A good margarita and/or pina colada will do wonders!

I agree ^^^ I love margaritas when I go out which is very rare, I drink as many as I want with water somewhere in-between and I do not feel guilty! I just workout extra hard the next day...well maybe two days later! Lol
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda girlfriend. And the thing about a place like applebys is they will use jiggers to pour their drinks so u can ask how much booze each drink has (an oz or 1.5 oz they won't be generous) and log it accordingly
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff Ice LIGHT.. it is only 100cals per bottle.. compared to ~250cal a bottle with a normal cooler.
    Or do shot of vodka with club soda and bar lime.
  • mcelysium
    mcelysium Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda girlfriend. And the thing about a place like applebys is they will use jiggers to pour their drinks so u can ask how much booze each drink has (an oz or 1.5 oz they won't be generous) and log it accordingly
    this^ plus a lime if you like that. can't go wrong with a good vodka soda with lime.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    •Bloody Mary: 118 Calories
    lack Russian: 125 Calories
    •Sloe Gin Fizz: 120 Calories
    •Tom Collins: 120 Calories
    •Whiskey Sour: 125 Calories
    •Seabreeze: 140 Calories
    •Vodka and Diet Cranberry – 140 Calories
    •Sex on the Beach: 150 Calories
    •Cosmopolitan: 150 Calories