what if anything should I change...

Options
In 4 weeks nothing has changed. Same weight same measurements. I feel great! Stronger and more energized than ever.
All good things. I think I am eating well and know that I am exercising adequetly.(week 2 Les millspump. and treadmil(or outdoor) running or walking(steep incline) 6 times a week. I measure my food and believe I am as accureate as I can be (when in doubt I estimate up). I do not currently eat back my cals burnt unless its Friday ~ I believe in a cheat day.
No matter what activety level I select my net cals is 1200-1230. I am aware that its 50-50 on eating the cals back. I would still like to hear what works for you and what you suggest for me.

basic stats ~ 50 years old, 5'2" weighing 119(another 5 to go, but if I could add muscle weight I'd be thrilled~and so would my husband. Started mfp wearing a size 8(snug) and am now in a 6 and some of those are loose. I know it may cause some eyes to roll but this is who I am and getting rid of the rolls is important to me. I have start photos and one set of follow ups and yes there is a visble difference. My husband sees it better than I do (but he liked me even when all my hair fell out :) so his opinion might be biased.) I have no clue how to post a photo, if I learn I will.
I would very much appreciate some feed back. Its an on going learning process so please share your knowledge and insight.

I apologize if this seems like a vent post or a here we go again topic.

:) Lori

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough. Eat your calories back... and this way you won't need a cheat day.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Personally in your shoes I would up my calories a little (could cause a little gain at first but it will even out) and start lifting some weights. Keep adding the weights to get heavier and heavier. You won't really add muscle "weight" eating at that kind of calorie level, but it will definitely help tighten things up and get rid of "rolls". Good luck and well done on your journey so far :)
  • hannahsearle
    Options
    If anything you'll be losing muscle on 1200 calories. If your not eating enough your body gets energy from whatever stores are left; this includes muscles. There's a reason body builders eat thousands of calories a day: muscles are only built if you your body has enough extra calories to build them on top of everything else it does. Also, without enough calories you'll get into a plateau and you'll stop losing, mix it up a bit
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Do you have a scale that measures body fat percentage, because it sounds like you're pretty close to your goal weight. You could just be picking up muscle now. When I was in shape & at my lowest body fat percentage at 14% (few years back), I actually gained 6 lbs, but all my clothes fit better. As intense as your workouts are,, being a size 6, etc... I think you may be at your goal & need to go to a maintenance diet. But as you know, I was eating back all my calories for 3 weeks & lost 1.5 lbs and 1% body fat each week, then when I went to only eating back half my calories for 2 weeks, I only lost 1/2 lb one week & 1 lb the next, and on body fat I lost 1% one week, but gain 1/2 the next. So I've gone back to eating back all my calories & hope that brings the results up again. Maybe your body is just at a level that needs more calories. Good job on your fitness!
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    thanks all....eating more it is. Will lift heavier after I finish using les mills pump as a warm up program