WHAT DO YOU THINK: crystal light

Options
I was wanting to know what yall thought about crystal light...Do yall think it should count as water intake or count more like a extra drink that should be counted aside from straight water??? And who all drinks crystal light or any other water flavor packs???

Just thought it would be nice to see what everyone thought about this!

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I drink it from time to time. If I use it as a sub for water it's only for at max 4 glasses...but I do count it.
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    I try not to drink it, but when I do, I count it as water and list the packet in my food.
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the pink lemonade!! It counts as water. U just have to add the flavor pack to your meal when counting calories!!!!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love the fruit punch one! It is the absolute best one. Although I just marked it down for the pack. I didn't think to put it in as a water input. Not sure how you should do it correctly.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I love Crystal Light and drink it for about half of my water intake for a day. Like the others who commented, I list the water and make sure the count the calories with my meal or snack. I'm in love with the Raspberry Lemonade!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Since it has artificial sugar in it, i'm actually not so sure it would count as water intake (my personal opinion). That being said, it certainly counts as fluid intake, and as far as i'm concerned that is more important than just water intake. :)

I can't drink it myself because artificial sugars taste strange to me and give me headaches.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I suppose that it probably isn't ideal but it's the only way I can stand drinking water at all. So yup, I log it in... both packet and water. Pink Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Cherry Pomegranate, Wild Strawberry, Pomegranate Lemonade and Natural Citrus Splash. :ohwell:
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time for my water.. but i still put it in my diary as its own.
    But since reading up on the artifical sugar.. its not that great for you.. especially when you are trying to lose weight

I found out about SoBe water in some fitness book and it doesnt have artifical sweetners and it has zero calories.. so when water gets too boring for me i drink one of those.
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks yall...Now I'm thinking I need to stick with it as only a once in a while kinda thing!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I drink the Great Value and Hawaiian Punch brands as well as Crystal light, and make sure to get sugar free and 5calorie ones. I log them under drinks and count it for water intake as well as Sobe zero cals, after all, it IS water :D
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    As long as it isn't carbonated it counts as water. :) Raspberry Ice is good too!
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I try not to drink it, but when I do, I count it as water and list the packet in my food.

me too
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time for my water.. but i still put it in my diary as its own.
    But since reading up on the artifical sugar.. its not that great for you.. especially when you are trying to lose weight

I found out about SoBe water in some fitness book and it doesnt have artifical sweetners and it has zero calories.. so when water gets too boring for me i drink one of those.

I love me some Sobe zero water! So good!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I vote because of the artificial sweetener it should be considered extra.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options

I am weaning myself off of them. I am working towards 1 a day and eventually every so often or on weekends only or something. I want to use if I have a taste for something different. This is how I started on these and then I got hooked and before I knew it I was drinking over half of my water with these packets.

I see the difference in my cravings too. I also see the difference and going to washroom. Some how I feel the drink packets holds the water in because real clear water goes right thru me. Yes, I count the water even when I use the packets. I never buy the crystal lights.

I like Hawiian Punch brand and sometime wyler too. One day soon I am going to go a whole day without them. Because I am going to let myself run out of them and see how long I can go without buying more. I am going to really try to go a while and I am going to see how I do weight loss wise after this also because I started this weaning process this week and I see I am not craving junk as much and TOM is with me too and I am very happy because usually I want junk, junk and I am doing well.
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks so much all of yall have been a great help...Love yalls different ideas!!!