Egg whites make me MORE HUNGRY!!!

Options
LadyElby
LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
So my go-to breakfast most days of the week is egg whites with veggies and either avocado, sliced turkey, ground veggie meat or fat free cheese. I also, from time to time, add in some chia seeds to bulk it up a little. By the time I'm finished my meal, I'm pretty satisfied in appetite and ready to go about my day. But what I notice some mornings, and more often lately, is that about 30-60 minutes later, I'm absolutely starving!! I'm not working out any more lately than I had been before, so I'm not sure why it's happening more lately than it used to. When this happens, I usually add in either a banana or a slice of whole wheat bread with margarine or PB2 or reduced fat string cheese.

I'm wondering, does this ever happen to anyone else? Why, if I'm eating a significant amount of food, am I getting such a strong feeling of hunger and so soon after eating? And lastly, any ideas on what I can add in to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    eat whole eggs instead. :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest eat the whole egg, or eat the egg omlette thing with a half of Ezekiel or Whole Grain English Muffin?

I find carbs in the morning fill me up.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a food that has always done this to me. Apples and bananas do it too. Why? Who knows. I just avoid them if I'm having a hard day to begin with. :wink:
  • uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would say it means your metabolism is working faster. That happens to me too. I eat 5-6 meals a day, and I'm pretty much hungry every hour :) But I think it's a good thing.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    eat whole eggs instead. :)

Agreed. Whole eggs are the way to go.