TWINSIES??!! A great motivator. Come on! Come on!

Options
Hey guys!

Not too new to MFP but I am jumping back on the wagon with two feet.

I think it would be really great to find some friends of similar stature and situation as my own. Great for motivation and keeping up with each other.

Every body is different, and requires different nutrients, exercise regiments, and rest. So, while we cant work exactly hand in hand, maybe there's someone out there like me. (And of course, if we are not similar and you need a new friend, feel free to add me for daily support and motivation!)

My stats: 25y/o, 5'6, 247lbs, 39.9 BMI.

I'm trying my best to workout every morning, usually just 45-60 minutes of cardio.

Are you my (or close to being my) TWIN?

Post your stats to find your motivational twin as well :)

Replies

• beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are awfully similar :)

I am 28 years old, 5'7", 250 lbs, 39.2 BMI

Although I don't do that much cardio every morning. I need to though. Right now I have been alternating 30 min cardio 3-4 days a week with circuit training on non-cardio days with at least 1, maybe 2 days off rest.

I need to start walking and biking in the morning in addition to my DVDs though. Extra burn doesn't hurt anyone :)

Jen
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh! And you are in Sarasota! I am just south of Ocala!
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    Perfect! We are really close and I know you're an active friend of mine so we should DEFINITELY pair up sometime.

We could even meet up in Ocala to hang, workout, or just to show off results! :P
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 y/o female, 5'4; current weight 130. Starting weight was 140.

Been stuck at 130 for almost a month. Not a single ounce or centimeter loss. :( Diet is semi-clean 1400 calories a day. Exercise is a mix between Jillian Michaels dvds and jogging (trying to move from 5k to 10k).
  • jesgaa
    jesgaa Posts: 17
    Options

Been stuck at 130 for almost a month. Not a single ounce or centimeter loss. :( Diet is semi-clean 1400 calories a day. Exercise is a mix between Jillian Michaels dvds and jogging (trying to move from 5k to 10k).

What's your goal? You seem like you're in the healthy range for your height. Congrats on the 10 lbs! Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you might not lose much more if you're building muscle at all.
  • amandaleigh89
    amandaleigh89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I'll be 24 in a month, 5'5130lbs. My exercise consists of biking, going to the woods with my boyfriend's dog and walking, and attempting to jog. What's your goal weight?
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 y/o female, 5'4; current wight is 236. Looking to lose around 100 lbls. Would love to pair up with someone in similar stage, so we can support each other in this journey.
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    I think we're within range of each other to help motivate and hold accountable. I would be thrilled to lose 100lbs as well!
  • PezAzul
    PezAzul Posts: 42
    Options
    This is a great idea!

I'm a 32 yr old female. 5'4" currently at 140 lbs want to be down to around 120. BMI is 24.

I work from home sitting all day and am pretty sedentary. I am trying to get in daily walks and add in some leisure bicycling. We don't live near a gym, nor can I afford the membership fees. My calories are currently set at 1300 and I'm trying to keep my carbs to around 100.
  • sakinah1977
    sakinah1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi im 35 im 5'2" im 190 lbs. I work from home a childcare provider. Imdo zumba on monday nite karate with my kids on tues n thurs nndo stomach work at home n I use mfp off n on is their a twin out their for me, lol??
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    There's a twin out there for everyone we just gotta find it! :)
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 (27 next week) 5'6" 193lbs
    My heaviest was last spring 220. Got a new job lost some, gained some back. Found MFP and lost 17 so far! Love this place! Dairy is open, don't always eat great but all friends welcome to look :) hoping to get down to 155 eventually and my short term goal is the 180s in the next two months.
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6 also! :) started at nearly 200lbs, now 160ish!!
  • rmn79
    rmn79 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am 33 5'6, currently 136 lbs. and trying to maybe lose 5 - 10 pounds
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    5'6
    Sw:200
    CW: 179
    GW: 135
  • rmn79
    rmn79 Posts: 39
    Options
    @ Ross that's where I was when I started =)
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    5'4.5
    Sw: 130
    CW:125
    GW: 118-120 and also very fit and in shape
    BMI: 20. something
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I started around there. I'm 28, 5'6" started at 242 at my heaviest and restarted this past March at 236. Currently doing Insanity (in week 5) and after that going in to Les Mills Combat. I also do some weight lifting. :drinker:

Edited to add: my goal weight is around 140 or so. I'm mroe or less after getting my BF down to 18-20%. It's currently at 38-39% -_-
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I want a twin! :happy:

I'm 36
    5'1"
    193 lbs (down from 279)
    I do 30 minutes of cardio m-F & jog to the gym tu & thur
    1300 - 1552 calories

I have a tendancy to not eat enough calories and stall out my metabolism. But hopefully being conscious of it will help.

I am a normal person just looking for a balanced life. Hubby & I go out to the bar usually once a week and I don't really consider any food off limits, just gotta see if it fits in my calorie allowance.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    5'2.5"
    Sw: 65.7kg+
    CW:59.4-60kg
    GW: 50kg or so (will adjust depending on how I look and feel at that weight

Even if our stats are different, we can still motivate each other! I tend to lose a lot of weight all at once and then plateau for a while and lose slowly after which is frustrating.