ChaLEAN extreme or Les Mills COmabt?

Options
KatR13
KatR13 Posts: 39 Member
Sadly i couldnt post this where it belongs, but maybe some of you can help on this one.
I cant decide which one to do next, so I am asking you..
I am a week away from finishing my Insanity, and looking into getting either
ChaLEAN extreme or Les Mills Combat..
Which one is better and why?
Thank you so much!

Replies

• bronx1101
    bronx1101 Posts: 48
    Options
    When I finish Insanity in two weeks, I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme just because I want to learn correct strength training form before I go into the gym by myself. I always feel stupid lifting weights. Plus, it looks like it'll be fun.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 1/2 way through Chalean Extreme (CLX) and am enjoying it very much. Ironically, I'm going to be doing Insanity afterwards--well, it's probably more accurate to say that I'll be integrating Insanity into my routine, as I run and also enjoy strength training.

But in any case, I think it depends on your goals. CLX is all about introducing rookies to strength training and the Les Mills Combat (from what I can tell) seems more like a cousin to Insanity.

Good luck!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I;ve done both....CLX is more strength with a couple of days cardio and Combat is more cardio with a little strength ...so its hard to compare the two. I love both. I just depends on what kind of training you want to do.

Combat isn't nearly as intense as Insanity...but nothing is! But its still a good work out :)

Have you ever thought about P90X? Just another option if you want more of a challenge with strength training.

message me if you have any other questions about either program :)
    best of luck!
  • KatR13
    Options
    Thank you so everybody..
    What i really want is continuing with workouts, I dont wanna do Insanity again, I am ready for something else. The results I got from Insanity so far, were not what i was hoping for. I heard it is cause I did it without Shakeology.
    But I wanna keep on working to tone my body.
    Money wise i am leaning towards LMC it is only 60 days which means one month less Shakeology, but CLX speaks to me more, but more money.
    I just want to tone my body more, those are my goals..
    UGH :)
  • katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 12 of Insanity and I am loving it - would be interested to know what your results were from doing it yourself? I am not doing it with Shakeology either, but then again I can't get it because I am from the UK.

As for CLX and LMC - I am always thinking about what to do once I have finished Insanity so this thread has been helpful !! Keep us informed on what you decide!! :-)
  • KatR13
    Options
    Oh sure, i am glad i could help someone else also, and nice to see i am not the only one :)
    i sure will keep you updated, you are more then welcome to add me also if you like!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am week 8 of LMC. I've never done Insanity, but I have never heard of a person "dreading" an LMC workout (the HIIT ones are intense, but they are enjoyable). I am not sure that the overall intensity level is the same as Insanity, but I do know that you can easily scale up the intensity by putting more effort into combinations.

FYI, I don't do Shakeology, but have managed to lose the body fat that I wanted and have built lean muscle. My body measurement changes are not going to be super drastic because I am on the petite side, but I think that even after I finish my 60 days (and rest) I will continue to do the workouts or do a hybrid of them with Tapout XT.
  • KatR13
    Options
    Alright super info on this one :) thank you
    I think i am going with LMC, it suits my wallet better.
    I figured if i get challenge packet, then i got one free month of Shakeology, and i would take it in the second month.
    i do wanna know what everybody is talking about :)