Mmm perfect breakfast???

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I just had a lovely breakfast!

One Thomas light whole-grain english muffin with 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and a 2 1/2 ounce banana (yes I weigh them! hehe) and I put a few banana slices on the english muffin and made a sandwich out of it....but the whole thing is 253 calories, 7 g fat, 11 g fiber and 11 g protein! Should fuel me for a few hours!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I just had a lovely breakfast!

One Thomas light whole-grain english muffin with 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and a 2 1/2 ounce banana (yes I weigh them! hehe) and I put a few banana slices on the english muffin and made a sandwich out of it....but the whole thing is 253 calories, 7 g fat, 11 g fiber and 11 g protein! Should fuel me for a few hours!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Sounds good and low in cals!

Kim
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Gonna try that one!!! Sounds like breakfast and a treat with enough protein to get ya through the morning.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    MMM, yummy, I'm still trying to decide what to have for breakfast.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    The Peanut Butter/Banana combination ranks right up there w/ the peanut butter/chocolate combo. Whoever first came up with those should qualify for saint hood. YUMMY! :heart:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Is it important to actually EAT something... like, chewable? I drink a SF Carnation Instant Breakfast w/soy milk for breakfast because I usually wake up feeling like if I chew anything I'm gonna be sick... Does my body count that as food, or do I need to find something my body can stand so early in the morning?
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think Elvis was the inventor of the peanut butter banana sandwich :)
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had peanut butter and sliced banana on whole wheat toast this morning! And, you are right, it is PERFECT.
    Elvis wasn't the inventor, but he did enjoy his mashed peanut butter/banana sandwiches.
    I think it came from the depression when they used to give rations of peanut butter and they came up with many different ways to eat it. I'm from West TN and peanut butter/banana is a common sandwich in these parts. :smile:
    Beats the heck out of the other souther delicacies! Fried Twinkies is a sought after treat at fairs/carnivals. Can you believe that? FRIED TWINKIE.....but it is good hahaha
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    R U ready for this...

Moutain Dew and a cinanmon roll. I forgot my breakfast at home and it was the ONLY alternative I had.
    Crap. Crap. Crap. Mind U I worked 8am until midnight so I was not with it this morning. I have 2 grilled chicken breast for lunch.

Tami can I hire U as my cook please.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    R U ready for this...

Moutain Dew and a cinanmon roll. I forgot my breakfast at home and it was the ONLY alternative I had.
    Crap. Crap. Crap. Mind U I worked 8am until midnight so I was not with it this morning. I have 2 grilled chicken breast for lunch.

a078.gif
  • fatsis
    Options
    R U ready for this...

a078.gif

Make that 2 hits I feel the need for another dew. I dont do coffee.

"I picked a bad week to quit speed (cant spell anfedamines)"
  • ramonaschack
    Options
    Mountain Dew and Cinnamon Roll OUCH - get some Kashi high protein cereal bars too keep at your desk.
  • fatsis
    Options
    Mountain Dew and Cinnamon Roll OUCH - get some Kashi high protein cereal bars too keep at your desk.

I'll try that. I laid out a box of lean pockets to put in the freezer and forgot them this morning.:mad:
    I will the Kashi a try though. Thanks.
  • ramonaschack
    Options
    I know it is hard to keep up with bringing healthy food everyday. Which is why in my drawer at work I keep the Kashi Cereal Bars, peanut butter and several small cans of tuna. So when I can't get my s*!t
    together in the morning I have something to fall back on. It has taken me almost two months to loose 6 pounds. UGH
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Is it important to actually EAT something... like, chewable? I drink a SF Carnation Instant Breakfast w/soy milk for breakfast because I usually wake up feeling like if I chew anything I'm gonna be sick... Does my body count that as food, or do I need to find something my body can stand so early in the morning?

I think you are doing the right thing for your body. Perhaps you can gradually train your body into a "chewable" breakfast, you will feel so much better if you can make the transition.
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Mmmm! I had a banana with peanut butter for a snack today! Awesome stuff.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    R U ready for this...

LOL that's funny...But, it really isn't hard to prepare what I had.
    Step one: Toast English Muffin
    Step Two: Measure 1 tbsp of peanut butter and spread on english muffin
    Step Three: Measure out 2.5 ounces of banana and slice some pieces onto english muffin
    Step Four: Eat rest of banana by itself and finish making the english muffin sandwich
    Step Five: Eat

Not much cooking involved!! Now, the mango chicken sausage kebabs with pineapple and yellow and orange peppers I made the other night are another story!! MM MM MMMM!

In all seriousness, definitely try Fiber One Bars or the Kashi bars. I love the trail mix flavor of the kashi. Or when I was working, I used to keep a box of instant oatmeal packets. If you have one of those hot/cold water dispensers at your work, it's perfect! Just put it in a mug, put some water in, stir and enjoy!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about bringing the oatmeal packets, that is a fantastic idea!!
    I was tired of starting my day off with bad choices so I baked a spinach fritatta on Sunday (and cooked up some turkey bacon). Now, I just grab some of that in the morning and heat it up when I get to work. It was a little strange to cook breakfast on Sunday evening but it has been great this week!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I haven't thought about bringing the oatmeal packets, that is a fantastic idea!!
    I was tired of starting my day off with bad choices so I baked a spinach fritatta on Sunday (and cooked up some turkey bacon). Now, I just grab some of that in the morning and heat it up when I get to work. It was a little strange to cook breakfast on Sunday evening but it has been great this week!

Thats a great idea! Sounds yummy too!

The oatmeal packets are very convenient. I would just have a mug in my drawer I would use for it, and then wash, dry and store for the next morning! Oatmeal keeps you fueled up for a few hours too! Add a banana (the potassium rocks!) and you should be feeling even better!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this for those rushed mornings! Thanks!