diet soda brownies.

Options
AdrianasMombieED
AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
If I were to make regular chocolate brownies, which diet soda would go best? What was your favorite combination?
Thank you!(:

Replies

• NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump - i've been hearing about these & wanted to find out more info.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Diet orange, chocolate & orange brownies, sounds good....
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I've seen it on pinterest - I would suggest coke/pepsi or dr. pepper.

It's a weight watchers secret, supposedly. I have never tried it though.
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How about cream soda? It has a vanilla flavor. Though I can't imagine cola or root beer being too bad. :smile:
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I used Diet Coke on my batch this Monday and they are freaking delicious.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've done this with a cake mix...but never with brownies. Any diet would work...if it is fruit flavored you might get a little of the fruit flavor, but not much.

I would like the brownie recipe, if you don't mind sharing!
    thanks!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Whatever you prefer to taste? Orange, root beer, cola, cream soda, black cherry...
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It is fun to try different combinations. I've tried all sorts of diet sodas with cake mixes and brownies.

I prefer to use can or my own processed pumpkin. Just add a small can of pumpkin to any cake/brownie mix and bake. It's much denser than the soda.

Oh - try a can of soda with angel food cake! Have a big bowl to mix it in tho - it really fizzes up before it settles. Use a 9 x 13 pan. It's too liquidity for an angel food pan.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    wait.... WHAT!?!?! Someone please post the recipe!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    fake sugar will kill u
  • AdrianasMombieED
    Options
    This is where i got it from : (diet soda cake)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/12/diet-soda-cake-35-pts.html

Just wanted to see if any soda tasted better than another combined with the cake/brownies.
    But, thanks to everyone who responded!(: I was thinking sprite, but I was more interested in the orange, thanks for the ideas!
  • frugalafterfifty
    Options
    oh....another one ...although I know you are looking for diet soda combinations.

Besides the pumpkin with cake mix - if you want another healthy alternative and a way to sneak in some veges:

Take 2 cups of grated or food processedraw zucchini and add to cake mix or brownies. That's it. Nothing else.

We made these for my daughter's boyfriend with chocolate cake mix and they turn out like brownies. He hates veges. Wasn't too pleased that we tricked him, but had to admit that they tasted good and nothing like zucchini at all.

I know the cake mixes aren't the healthiest thing in the world but at least you won't have diet soda. And there is little to no calories in the veges
  • AdrianasMombieED
    Options
    I rarely have sugary things; fake or not. so this one time occasion wont kill me
  • AdrianasMombieED
    Options
    oh....another one ...although I know you are looking for diet soda combinations.

Besides the pumpkin with cake mix - if you want another healthy alternative and a way to sneak in some veges:

Take 2 cups of grated or food processedraw zucchini and add to cake mix or brownies. That's it. Nothing else.

We made these for my daughter's boyfriend with chocolate cake mix and they turn out like brownies. He hates veges. Wasn't too pleased that we tricked him, but had to admit that they tasted good and nothing like zucchini at all.

I know the cake mixes aren't the healthiest thing in the world but at least you won't have diet soda.

Thats a good idea, too. I think ill try that one as well. thank you!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I know the cake mixes aren't the healthiest thing in the world but at least you won't have diet soda. And there is little to no calories in the veges

sorry this is off the op's topic...but in the zucchini cake/brownies...what is the liquid that holds it together? seems like only zucchini would be too dry...am I missing something? thanks
  • frugalafterfifty
    Options

sorry this is off the op's topic...but in the zucchini cake/brownies...what is the liquid that holds it together? seems like only zucchini would be too dry...am I missing something? thanks

mariacolumbus - there is a lot of liquid in zucchini. If you grate it or process it and let it sit it gets liquid-y. When you add it to the batter it will be thick. You can add a small amount of water if you prefer to make it cakier. Otherwise it will be more dense like a brownie. Experiment to your taste. :)