are these healthier choices?? please help..

Options
Okay. This Saturday I'm going to friendly's for dinner with my family:)

I know I shouldn't stress for one day/meal of eating what I want in moderation.
I'm NOT dieting,calorie counting,ect. Because I was recommended not to since I'm only 14.

Well I like to look at the restraunt menu/nutrition on their site.I still like to try to make a healthier choice I guess when I eat out.

Then afterwards were going to Coldstone creamery and watching fireworks :p

Calories

Friendly's: bowl cheddar broccoli 390
1 garlic toast. 130
Or
Ham and cheese supermelt 660
Cole slaw 160

Coldstone creamery: "like it" sinless cake batter 190
/ strawberries 20

Please check out the site for LUNCH/DINNER menu.
See if u could tell me other choices I could choose, no broiled fish (sick of that)

http://www.friendlys.com/about/nutrition-allergens/

Replies

• bikinibrooke123
    Options
    Oh and BTW I never can finish my meal ay restraunts because of the HUGE portions.
    So if I choose thr ham supermelt,i bet I just eat 1/2. And take it home for the next day..
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Oh and BTW I never can finish my meal ay restraunts because of the HUGE portions.
    So if I choose thr ham supermelt,i bet I just eat 1/2. And take it home for the next day..
    This sounds like a good idea or maybe someone will want to split it with you.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused. I thought members had to be at least 18 years old to be on this site?
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused. I thought members had to be at least 18 years old to be on this site?

Ditto, it could be good for her to start early though it is easier.

I say go for the melt as well being that will not eat it all. It shouldn't be too bad for you.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I say be a kid and stop worrying about calorie intake. Enjoy your life honey, you'll have plenty of things to worry about when you get older.
  • byHISstrength
    Options

I guess that makes sense.

Well, good for you bikinibrook, that you are trying to make healthy choices at such a young age. It is possible to get a salad (dressing on the side)?
  • byHISstrength
    Options

I say go for the melt as well being that will not eat it all. It shouldn't be too bad for you.

I guess that makes sense.

Well, good for you bikinibrook, that you are trying to make healthy choices at such a young age. It is possible to get a salad (dressing on the side)?
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I think you will be fine this weekend at the dinner. I just want to tell you that I think it is admirable for you to be so young and still focused with maintaining a healthy weight. I wish this site was around when I was 14, maybe I wouldn't be as overweight now. I think your before and after pictures look fantastic. Keep up the good work. Stay conscious of what you eat this weekend, but don't dwell on it where it stops you from enjoying yourself and having a good time.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think you will be fine this weekend at the dinner. I just want to tell you that I think it is admirable for you to be so young and still focused with maintaining a healthy weight. I wish this site was around when I was 14, maybe I wouldn't be as overweight now. I think your before and after pictures look fantastic. Keep up the good work. Stay conscious of what you eat this weekend, but don't dwell on it where it stops you from enjoying yourself and having a good time.

YES! Agreed!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would go for the supermelt as well, especially if you don't think you'll eat all of it. The soup and garlic bread won't likely fill you up ( at least I know it wouldn't fill me up! lol)
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    ?? Says she's 19 . . .
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options

I started on this year and I am only 16 ...soon to be 17....and Lalouli ..the reason it says she is 19 is because you cant pick an age younger than 18
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    as a 14 year old not trying to lose weight, an 800 calorie meal should be the norm for you three meals a day. if you consistently only eat half of the sandwich and limit your food during other meals, that is not enough calories for your body to function. you need between 2600 to 4000 calories a day to maintain your weight, depending on how active you are.

please seek some help for your calorie obsession/eating restriction. you may not think you are doing damage to your body by not eating enough, but you are.
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    as a 14 year old not trying to lose weight, an 800 calorie meal should be the norm for you three meals a day. if you consistently only eat half of the sandwich and limit your food during other meals, that is not enough calories for your body to function. you need between 2600 to 4000 calories a day to maintain your weight, depending on how active you are.

please seek some help for your calorie obsession/eating restriction. you may not think you are doing damage to your body by not eating enough, but you are.

I just really want to enjoy my meal and ice cream afterwards. Calories are always on my mind before eating something. And if i should be eating in that calorie range! I guess I will. But r u sure its 2600-4000? That's a pound right there I doubt ill go up to 4000.. ill stay around thr 2000 zone (ill try) I probably only eat around 1,400 w/out meaning it..
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just curious...do you or your mom think she is overweight...? I have a 12 old year son that eats me out of house and home...the last thing on his mind was calories...he sees me counting calories but understands its because I'm fat and trying to reverse years of irresponsible eating...I know its normal for girls to be selfconscious of their weight but come on....you're 14....just stay active and be responsible....
  • thoward74
    thoward74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would not go with either choice actually. I went to Friendlys last weekend and ordered the crispy chicken wrap, with grilled chicken instead of crispy (ate half plus the "inside"of the other half - left the shell...). I got the typical side of fries (only ate half...) and two scoops of ice cream for dessert (no toppings). Total calories was under 800. The supermelts are loaded with fat!
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    I would not go with either choice actually. I went to Friendlys last weekend and ordered the crispy chicken wrap, with grilled chicken instead of crispy (ate half plus the "inside"of the other half - left the shell...). I got the typical side of fries (only ate half...) and two scoops of ice cream for dessert (no toppings). Total calories was under 800. The supermelts are loaded with fat!

I have all these people telling me I'm 14 and just have fun and pick what I want to order without worrying about calories, then you say neither!! Ugh. Thanks :l
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you are watching your weight and know how to do it properly...I wish I had some help when I was younger. One meal won't kill you...enjoy half of the super melt or all of it and just continue watching it. If I know I am going to be out and about eating something not so great I just do a workout to try and balance it a little. And 4000 calories a day seems INSANE!!! Enjoy the night with your family.
  • thoward74
    thoward74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are young to be thinking about "dieting". BUT, I don't think you can be too young to be thinking about healthy. Does that make sense? Don't obsess about calories, just make smart, wise choices and you will be just fine! Most importantly - please make sure you have a healthy support system whether it be in a parent or adult friend - and please check with your doctor to make sure he is on board with your plan!
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    I tried to talk my mom n grandparents into going to ruby Tuesday because their healthier and they have good crab Cakes. But they said friendlys.i have no choice