Weing rehearsal dinner

Options
So we have to go to a wedding rehearsal dinner tonight and they are serving Arbys sandwiches! how do I get around this without being rude?!? My plan is to eat before we go because I don't want all those un-necessary calories but I don't want to be rude either :- /

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • Annerk1
    Options
    Arby's at a rehearsal dinner? I'm LOL over that one!

I think you've got a good idea--eat a filling (but healthy) meal before you go and either pass altogether on the sandwich or maybe just pick at a little of the meat. Hopefully there will be something else there that's a little more uh... edible.

I'd just say that you had a really big late lunch and leave it at that.
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ok ignoring all the possible jokes I could make, here are some suggestions:

Eat just the bun
    Eat the sandwich but take out a large amount of the meat
    Say no because the sodium content is so high (which is true)
    Take a large purse and hide it in there when no one is looking
    Accidentally drop it on the floor, maybe after taking a couple bites, and then say you weren't hungry anyway
    Find a hungry dog and bring it with you
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    So we have to go to a wedding rehearsal dinner tonight and they are serving Arbys sandwiches! how do I get around this without being rude?!? My plan is to eat before we go because I don't want all those un-necessary calories but I don't want to be rude either :- /

it's not rude to care about your health. i, too, think your plan's a good one. eat before you go, and if they happen to also have some decent options, consider that a bonus.

great job planning ahead! :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Arbys? At a wedding rehearsal? tumblr_m4n1a232qi1r44q7k.gif

That aside; eat before you go. I never feel bad or rude when I say "I don't want that" or "I can't eat that". Learn to not feel bad about that. It solves a lot.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

they were going to grill but its going to be raining, then they decided arbys would be cheaper! LMAO.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    have you started drinking already?
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i'm a fan of telling the truth. just say thank you but i'm trying hard to watch what i eat or make healthy food choices. if someone decides to be offended that is their problem not yours. also, in all likelihood no one will notice or give a hoot what you are or aren't eating.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Like others suggested, you could eat before you go & decline the sammiches OR you could work those calories into your day & make your workout a little longer for that day. Me personally, I would eat before I go & decline it because my body cannot handle greasy food like that. I bloat up very severely & am very uncomfortable all day.
  • sarahDickson501
    Options

I actually have to be dd tonight....LOL hubby is the one in the wedding and is really not looking forward to it, its the whole best friend marrying bridezilla type of thing /:-l
  • Annerk1
    Options

they were going to grill but its going to be raining, then they decided arbys would be cheaper! LMAO.

Geez, there are a lot of healthier options than Arby's that would cost no more--probably even less. Subway subs cut into 2" sections with the condiments on the side would have been one thought.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    If you LIKE Arby's - enjoy the sandwich! One meal won't derail you.

If you don't like Arby's, everyone else's suggestions are great!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Your plan sounds fine, eat a filling lunch and just say you're not hungry, or just take 1 sandwich and eat the meat but not the bread, no cheese, or whatever is going to fit into your diet choices better. I just usually take protein over carbs whenever possible.
  • sarahDickson501
    Options

Geez, there are a lot of healthier options than Arby's that would cost no more--probably even less. Subway subs cut into 2" sections with the condiments on the side would have been one thought.

My thoughts exactly on SUBWAY I love that place!!
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do anything except be annoyed if, b/c of the Bridezilla behavior, you have spent a lot of money attending the wedding (attire, gift, multiple showers, etc) and you and your husband are getting Arby's as a "thank you" for being in the wedding and being one of their closests friends and supporters over the years!

If they are just on a tight budget my comment doesn't apply--there is no obligation to go into debt over a wedding for either the people having the wedding or the people attending the wedding.
  • sarahDickson501
    Options
    You don't have to do anything except be annoyed if, b/c of the Bridezilla behavior, you have spent a lot of money attending the wedding (attire, gift, multiple showers, etc) and you and your husband are getting Arby's as a "thank you" for being in the wedding and being one of their closests friends and supporters over the years!

If they are just on a tight budget my comment doesn't apply--there is no obligation to go into debt over a wedding for either the people having the wedding or the people attending the wedding.

they are paying a pretty penny for the rental farm to get married on, and her dress was like 8K, so no not a tight budget at all, lol
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Given they're serving fast food sandwiches rather than a meal that someone spent a lot of time and effort preparing, I wouldn't be that concerned about offending the hosts by politely and sincerely declining to eat food you consider to be unhealthy.

If it was something more elegant or that took a lot of resources to prepare I would be more inclined to consume some modest portions.
  • Annerk1
    Options

they are paying a pretty penny for the rental farm to get married on, and her dress was like 8K, so no not a tight budget at all, lol

They are just petty and cheap feeding their guests Arby's given that situation. My entire wedding didn't cost as much as that dress, and we still managed to feed our guests a decent (and relatively healthy) meal at the rehearsal dinner. I can't recall exactly what was on the menu--it was a buffet--but I do remember roasted chicken breast, salmon, and eggplant entrees, a couple types of salads and veggies, and some sort of potatoes. We had it in our home and I want to think that it worked out to about $5-6 per head.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Wow. I'm speechless. Don't worry about not eating at all. Heck, if you want to bring your own much nicer dinner and heat it up at the house, go for it. Ha!
  • AAllin38
    AAllin38 Posts: 20
    Options

THIS^^^^^