Calorie intake and exercise..

Options
1200 calories a day...But I also burn 680 calories a day in exercise.. When I put that in it gives me back those calories...Should I still stick to my 1200 or eat what is recommended.. I am not loosing weight...and I am being told that I am not eating enough...So If I exercise I eat more? or stick to the original 1200?

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Eat more. 1200 calories a day (with or without exercise) is not enough for most people.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This is myFITNESSpal. You're supposed to eat back your exercise calories, or you'll be starving your body.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eat and enjoy the exercise calories. I lost all of my weight by eating 1200 plus most of my exercise calories. Many days my main motivation for exercise is to be able to enjoy a glass of wine at night!
  • Kvose70
    Kvose70 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you...Thats what I thought...xoxoxo
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Does anybody read the FAQs when they start here? I mean....really.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Does anybody read the FAQs when they start here? I mean....really.

Hahno.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It adds calories to your daily goal after you log exercise so you eat them back.

If you don't you are only giving your body 600 calories for the day, It's just not enough.
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It adds calories to your daily goal after you log exercise so you eat them back.

If you don't you are only giving your body 600 calories for the day, It's just not enough.

I don't eat them all back but I come close, " I am maintaining weight" if you are only left with 600 after workouts that isn't enough your tdi is what your need to "function" properly and maintain weight. Feel free to google, many sites will say the same thing. :) Your muscles also need nutrients after exercise to repair themselves after breakdown.