Black Bean Brownies! (Trust me they are excellent)

Options

Replies

• Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You know, so my brother wont say theyre gross without even trying them..
  • evolution143
    evolution143 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I make these brownies often. My husband dislikes them so I get the whole pan to myself! Definitely an acquired taste but when you are craving a brownie they work to satisfy the hunger.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I tried a bean chocolate cake recipe from Allrecipes.com some time ago. Absolutely amazing. All three family members loved them. Beans are a surprising but great ingredient for sweet baked goods. :smile:
  • Bridgett2867
    Options
    Sounds good....but I'd hafta sneak beans in when certain eyes aren't looking. I do that a lot in my house. They eat whatever I cook.
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I am so going to try these. Thanks for sharing!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    These do look good....will give a try with a few substitutions (splenda for sugar, applesauce for oil, add bit more cocoa powder, 1 egg & 1 egg white) for less calories. I love brownies!!
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to try this. Thank you for the post. I love black beans and I love brownies and only good can come from putting them together.
  • landay
    landay Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Doesnt sound good at all BUT it doesn't seem half bad by the posts people are putting.

I may just have to try these..
  • murray292
    murray292 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I made black bean brownies using dates (chopped in the food processor with the beans) in place of sugar and used coconut oil instead of butter (or veg oil) and they turned out like fudge truffles! No joke! The texture was creamy and amazing--a little less like a brownie, but I was so impressed! :drinker:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    bump -to look at the recipe later and possibly make some this weekend. om nom nom

Edited to add: anyone know if they are GF? I might have to alter...I can't see the recipe at work
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Doesnt sound good at all BUT it doesn't seem half bad by the posts people are putting.

I may just have to try these..

Agreed. Sounds horrific ... but three pages of MFP'ers saying how awesome they are cannot all be wrong. I'll have to make them on a SAturday when hubby is working so he doesn't know what I am feeding to him. O:-)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    bump -to look at the recipe later and possibly make some this weekend. om nom nom

Edited to add: anyone know if they are GF? I might have to alter...I can't see the recipe at work

I am also GF and I looked at the recipe. It is GF and I miss brownies. This looks reasy enough and cheap to make. Putting this on my ever growing list of recipes to try.
  • lynnie_6084
    lynnie_6084 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For a quicker verion of these without the oil rinse a can of black beans, but them back in the can and fill to the top with water. Puree the beans and water until there are no lumps and mix with a box of brownie mix... No eggs, no oil, no additional water and they come out really good... I usually bake them in my mini-muffin tin (per package instructions), I think they are around 120 cals/brownie...
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Im making these. I always have dried beans at home.
    I am Dominican and We make a Sweet Bean dessert for Easter. Its Called "Habichuela Con Dulce". You would not be able to tell that its beans but its so so good. We make it out of Pinto or Red Beans, Lots of sugar though but SO comforting..
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Bump bump!