Lot 170 pounds 11 years ago, and now gained back 80

Options
Had gastric bypass Sept 2001 and lost 170 pounds. Now I have gained back 80 pounds and am trying to loose it the correct way this time. Anyone else had a gastric bypass?

Replies

• jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass in 1988 and lost over 100 lbs. Over the years I have re-gained and lost up to 40 lbs more times than I care to think about! I was 245 when I had the surgery & at one point got down to 128 (too skinny, looked terrible). This last go-round I was back up to 180 and then a trip to the doctor in February of 2012 made me realise I need to make a lifestyle change and stop looking for an easy fix. My daughter told me about MFP and it took me about 8 months to lose 40 lbs. I am currently at my goal weight but I know I have to watch what I eat and exercise for the rest of my life in order to keep the weight off. Wishing you success!
  • swoods516
    swoods516 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had RNY Oct 2003. Lost about 120 and never reached my goal. I have lost about 25 but still neen to lose an additional 29 just to get back to where I was. It's such a struggle! Many ups and downs but I never give up. I log everyday on MFP. It's nice to have the support on here.
  • clwgough
    clwgough Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had my open RNY in 1998. I've been up by 15 more pounds and down by 20 less pounds. When I had surgery so long ago, I was almost 240...and had to be considered 100 pounds overweight to have the surgery paid for (which it was by my insurance...a whopping $45,000)....there is no way that I was ever going to weigh 140....so, I set my goal to 160...and have gotten down to to 152 a few years ago....with tons of running and no accountability of what I was actually eating...I've gained about 20 pounds back...I need to remember that this is a lifestyle......this.is a constant reminder of this tool that I was given...I log into MFP daily and relish in the support it provides and the accountability as well.....this is my lifestyle now....not just getting to a goal weight...this is for the rest of my life....feel free to add me.....