What a RUDE woman, er nevermind.

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
So last night my family went out to dinner. We were seated really close to the restrooms, and as I was sitting there I got elbowed in the back of the head, pretty hard. I looked up and saw it was a woman who had hit me while she was hurrying to the restroom. She didn't apologize, and I was thinking "what a *****", but then I realized that she was pregnant and REALLY hurrying, so I lost my anger, thinking she must have had a restroom emergency, which I guess is common for pregnant women according to my wife.

I went back to eating, and wasn't at all pissed anymore when I heard "Help me, somebody help me!" coming from the bathroom. I didn't see anybody getting up, So I ran in. ( My wife was at the salad bar or I am sure she would have rushed in. ) Anyway, turns out her water had broken, and she was on the floor kind of huddled up.

I had my phone and called 911. I then looked outside the bathroom, and yelled to get her husband's attention. He came in, and I left her with him.... we were just leaving when the ambulance showed up.

I sure hope everything was OK.

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Damn Pregos think they can do anything they want. .
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    wow
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    whoa! that's scary. good for you for being a good samaritan.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Think that's a good reason to forgive someone!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    well.

this IS fun and games.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So last night my family went out to dinner. We were seated really close to the restrooms, and as I was sitting there I got elbowed in the back of the head, pretty hard. I looked up and saw it was a woman who had hit me while she was hurrying to the restroom. She didn't apologize, and I was thinking "what a *****", but then I realized that she was pregnant and REALLY hurrying, so I lost my anger, thinking she must have had a restroom emergency, which I guess is common for pregnant women according to my wife.

I went back to eating, and wasn't at all pissed anymore when I heard "Help me, somebody help me!" coming from the bathroom. I didn't see anybody getting up, So I ran in. ( My wife was at the salad bar or I am sure she would have rushed in. ) Anyway, turns out her water had broken, and she was on the floor kind of huddled up.

I had my phone and called 911. I then looked outside the bathroom, and yelled to get her husband's attention. He came in, and I left her with him.... we were just leaving when the ambulance showed up.

Ain't nothing going to pull your wife away from the salad bar. No sir! Water broke? Tough! I'm still adding some bacon bits to this plate.

Where was this lady's husband? Was he at the salad bar too? Where is this place? Their salad bar must be amazing to keep people so captivated.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    well.

this IS fun and games.

*WAS* fun and games, about 9 months ago. Now she's got several hours pain to endure.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options

Ain't nothing going to pull your wife away from the salad bar. No sir! Water broke? Tough! I'm still adding some bacon bits to this plate.

Where was this lady's husband? Was he at the salad bar too? Where is this place? Their salad bar must be amazing to keep people so captivated.

^^^^ Waffle - cracked me up!!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    The lengths people will go to get out of paying a bill..........
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

seriously, man... BACON BITS.

and, hopefully, ranch dressing.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna go around elbowing people and be like "what??? i'm pregnant!!"

hehe

good job OP! she better name her kid after you! :smile:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Lazy byotch, probably didn't even mop the floor before she left.
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options

i <3 iWaffle.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hey all ! Cool it ! You gotta treat the mothers with kid gloves. You know that.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    WOW that gave me chills!!!! good thing she got your attention before she headed to teh restroom lol ;)
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    WOW that gave me chills!!!! good thing she got your attention before she headed to teh restroom lol ;)

For REAL!! Been there done that thank goodness not on a restroom floor!!! Whew- good for you going to her aid even after she whapped you one!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    well.

this IS fun and games.

It was fun and games that led to that situation.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

today i got a haircut and a lady who was 34 weeks pregnant passed out on the floor. when she woke up she thought she was in labor. scary stuff.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. I live in a nice little community just outside of Chicago (about 60,000 people, so your definition of "little" may vary), and have lived and worked here as long as I've been living and working. I know a lot of people. Some people are genuinely rude, or stupid, or whatever the case - most of them are just average people, and if you're getting frustrated, chances are you just caught the person at a bad time. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, because you NEVER know what they're going through. They may be driving like idiots because they have kids fighting in the back seat, or are having a medical issue. They may be short with you because a family member is in the hospital and they're just not in the mood for talking. And they may bump into you because they're about to give birth in the bathroom and miss out on that awesome salad bar.

We all need to remember that none of us are flawless, and to treat others as you would want them to treat you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    gotta love hormones....