Fitbit Flex - YES or NO ?

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
After reading the review for the "Fitbit Flex" here ->http://www.wired.com/reviews/2013/05/fitbit-flex/ it seems like it's a good device but reviews on Amazon aren't so good.

For the MFP users that OWN one already - Would you recommend this?? "Yes" or "No"

Replies

• tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    its not out over here til the 27th may I have been using the ultra for 8 months which I bought 2nd hand so would be interested to know if it worth the cash
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking today about the same subject. I'm also interested in hearing the reviews.

Does it sync seamlessly with MFP?

Will it snyc to an Ipad 2?
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking today about the same subject. I'm also interested in hearing the reviews.

Does it sync seamlessly with MFP?

Will it snyc to an Ipad 2?

I posted the same query this morning.....
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you type Fitbit Flex in the Search field there are a number of messages for this item.... both good and bad....
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using an ultra, but think im going to switch to the Flex, as its quite easy to lose the ultra abd have come close a few tines.

Love it though, should be a government issues device IMO
  • QuincyBella
    QuincyBella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As most of my exercise comes from swimming I am interested in a device which would accurately monitor my progress in water. Not sure if the Flex is up to this though. It says it is water resistant so it would be good to know definitively.
  • ichefmastersgirl
    ichefmastersgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your money!!!!! All at the same time I had the FLEX , UP and BODYMEDIA. The one the was the most accurate is the BODYMEDIA. I could sit on my couch wave at my daughter and both wrist ones would count anywhere from 25 to 30 steps. I calibrated the UP several times it still did it. I changed my stride on the FLEX still would count arm movement. The FLEX would not show me real time on my NOTE 2 but would on my Ipad. You had to do taps to get the FLEX to do things like sleep mode or tell you how you were doing sometimes had to tap over 10x to get it to work. I have the Fitbit ULTRA and loved it. Returned the UP due to inaccurate measurement and having to plug it in to get any info. I also returned the FLEX due to inaccurate info and it just not very user friendly for Android. I did keep the BODYMEDIA it was the most accurate and measured up real close to my heart rate monitor.

And as for swimming I live in Arizona and the is why I wanted one of the wrist ones because they both stated being waterproof but when you read the fine print it suggest you take them off before swimming.

Hope this helps some of you. Way to much money to just waste it on something that is way to inaccurate.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Anybody else get the Fitbit Flex?? I'm still debating it!!