Has anyone found food to aid testosterone increase?

Options
dbmata
dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
Hey guys,
So here's the deal, I'm looking to maximize my natural factors for increasing testosterone production. Diet, exercise, etc. I already supplement with mg and zn, I'm going to be switching to ZMA soon once my individual ones run out. I'm already working towards increasing sleep as well, so that should be handled.

I'm dropping fat so that it will stop factoring into testosterone levels.

With my working out I've started boxing, and will be upping my weights lifted once I have better form. Both of those should factor into increased testosterone production. (Lifting will be styled after Rip's SS)

What can I do in the food realm? Here's where my research has come up goose eggs, I'm not really sure what kind of foods can be eaten to increase testosterone production.

Biologically, I don't have low testosterone, but when it comes to muscle I'm a bit of a hard gainer, and I want to avoid being as calm as I want. I really want to amp up (naturally) my competitive nature, and ability to build raw muscle. (Amongst other things.)

Any advice or recs would be great!

Replies

• randjonw
    randjonw Posts: 9
    Options
    I went to one of those health clinics and got my T checked. Was surprised to find out I had healthy to high level of T and Free T. But at same time I found out my estrogen level was high and my thyroid function was low. Because my T level was high they would not give me any T replacement but I am due to start an estrogen blocker and thyroid improvement med next week. Did you get your levels all checked? I am anxious to see if cutting down my estrogen level will help me with weight training and adding muscle. I have always had a hard time adding muscle. I started using ZMA, it helps me sleep better, but that's the only thing I have noticed so far.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Make a trip to an Endo and get a full body panel done. There are many causes to lower T and many corrections.

-- Eating more crucifix vegetables (broccoli, cabbages, cauliflower, etc.).
    -- Limit cardio/workout sessions to 45 minutes. Cortisol levels increase after this period. Having a high gi carb source (orange juice, banana, etc.) or high processed protein source (whey protein isolate) will spike your insulin and lower the cortisol ... in theory.
    -- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
    -- Eat more mono saturated fats (olive oils, olives, flax seed oils, nuts).