Wii Fit Free Step!

Options
So we've had our Wii Fit board for a while and use it all the time as well as our Wii Sports! But today I discovered a new part...Wii Fit Free Step. I have two kids at home and they want to watch a movie but I want to work out...so today I found the best of both worlds. I start up the Free Step for 30 mins and hop on, keeping in step with the beat on the remote. I did 3795 steps in an hour and really broke a sweat! And my kids got to enjoy there movie. If you have this at home totally use it!

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love that feature too. I don't usually have time to watch the shows we record so when I do have time I like to do the free step! I always increase the speed at the first so I get a better workout. Some day I hope to get the riser for the step to increase the level of exercise too.
  • Karijoyous
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Every now and then it won't count my steps right or I get frustrated because it tells me I am stepping too slowly even though I am keeping to the beat. I love the Free Run, though.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    GREAT idea! It's nice to be able to do 2 things at once! Watching a movie while getting some exercise in is great for saving time!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love this one, too. I Like to do it with a weight in each hand to add a little extra umph.
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    When we first got our Wii Fit board Big lots had the risers for it ....and of course we didn't buy it....now they don't have it! Any idea where you can buy one other than the internet?
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    When we first got our Wii Fit board Big lots had the risers for it ....and of course we didn't buy it....now they don't have it! Any idea where you can buy one other than the internet?

Amazon.com has them but I think I saw at Target too!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Oh - I love my Wii Fit Plus - I usually do Advanced Step but I am going to have to try Free Step!
  • hawaiibound
    Options
    my favs are the Super Hula Hoop and Step Advanced....i usually do it a few times in a row lol....and of course the Rythym boxing is wonderful...but the free step is my alltime fav now!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Never tryed that, but if you have a Wii try "Walk it Out' awsome game, walk to music. You own an island, and the more you walk the more you buy to decorate it. I bought lots more music, hotels, apartments, cars, farms, trees, ect. Lots of fun, keeps my walking to buy more.
  • tops2007
    tops2007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I seen the riser at Wal Mart in Georgetown Ontario but that's the only Wal Mart I've seen them at and its a really small old Wal Mart. You probably will have to get it on Amazon. Oh wait I've seen it at HMV too (Music store) they were on clearance. I heard it doesn't always count the steps accurately.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options

I think I saw them at Sports Authority. I don't know if you have one where you are and don't remember how much they were, but good luck!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    To all you wii fit exercisers, any advice on the" free ride" island course. I can't seem to get past that level. I can find and pop all 20 baloons in the 30 minutes but I still only get three stars and haven't been able to get to the next level. Any ideas?
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I will have to check that out. I usually just do the routines.
  • MsElphaba
    Options
    To all you wii fit exercisers, any advice on the" free ride" island course. I can't seem to get past that level. I can find and pop all 20 baloons in the 30 minutes but I still only get three stars and haven't been able to get to the next level. Any ideas?

I don't think there is a level past it. The only way I could think of to get to the 4 stars would be to shorten your path as much as possible.

L
  • MsElphaba
    Options
    Ugh, I hate Super Hula Hoops. I'm to ADD to do something that repetitive for that long LOL:bigsmile:
  • MsElphaba
    Options

I've heard you can just use 4 books of the same height ( i guess 2 if they are big enough books).

L
  • hawaiibound
    Options

I've heard you can just use 4 books of the same height ( i guess 2 if they are big enough books).

L

i would be worried about it slipping off....are ya sure it would be strudy enough!
  • amyghough
    Options
    I have a wii and I want to get the wii fit. Are there any "must have" accessories that I need to buy with it, and which games do you like best?
  • kmluecht
    kmluecht Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    All you should need is the balance board.