cramps in my feet!

Options
I started the 30 day shred again and this time doing the jump rope part caused me to get cramps in my feet! The jump rope portion is only 30 seconds at a time and each time I'd get about 15 seconds in and my feet would be so cramped up. After level 1 (which has 30 seconds of jumping jacks, 30 seconds jump rope, 30 seconds jumping jacks, 30 seconds jump rope) my feet were so cramped it was hard to do the lunges for a few minutes. Then by level 3 I was feeling fine until those last 30 seconds of cardio which were the jump rope portion again.

Any ideas why I am getting cramps in my feet from jumping rope? I never had this problem before and I'm not sure if it means my body is lacking something, the wrong type of shoes, or am I jumping wrong?

Replies

• LittlePam
    LittlePam Posts: 40
    Options
    That just started for me the first time tonight. If you find a solution please let me know!
  • torri26
    torri26 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just a thought, but maybe you are potassium deficient. Banana's are a good source of potassium as well as other fruits and vegetables, meats and dairy. You could be also deficient in other minerals. Sometimes when we diet, we don't really consider the quality of food we eat only the amount of calories we consume so look to make changes to your diet to get plenty of quality foods in it. Also, check your shoes. They may be too tight in the laces, or just not a proper fit for your foot. Hope that helps
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Thanks! I don't think it's potassium I seem to be getting enough of that each day with bananas and in my new protein shakes. I'm not sure what else it could be but I'm hoping I can figure it out soon cause this ruins the workout for me.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I get foot cramps *In my arches* when i have sex ... top bottom, elevated ... what ... the .... heck!

I actually have to stop!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    On a serious note, sounds like bad form. Look at your self in the mirror. Example. When I run, I overcompensate on the ousides of my feet, and I get soreness.cramping there when I run. Then I concentrate on my form, and I don't get the sores.

When you land jumping, is it hard or is it light? Do you land flat footed, or do you just land on your ball/toes?

I FREAKING LOVE JUMP Roping! I can help ya out sista!