suggestions for reducing pot belly

Options
I am 5'3" and weight 118.75 pounds. I do have a healthy BMI according to fitness measurements. my problem is mainly with the pot belly that i happen to have along with fat in hips n thighs. After reading MFP and other websites online I have understood that one cannot spot reduce. I cardio for atleast 3-4 hours per week. added to that, I walk about 20 minutes everyday. been trying to watch what I eat and log it here at MFP. started working out with a personal trainer for about 5 months now (do cardio and strength training) and have been a regular at kickboxing classes before that( kickboxing for more than a year). now I must be doing something wrong or not doing something,that keeps me from reducing my belly. would like some advice on what needs to be changed.

key to my diary is : food

Replies

• lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Had a really quick look through your diary. m no expert, just making suggestions based on y own experience before people start with all the slating! Have you tried reducing sugar or carb intake?

All the best =)
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I worked with the MFP tools to track food intake and began walking several times a week.

It wasn't until I picked up the weights that I noticed the fat leaving and the muscles showing

Now I do stronglifts 5X5 3x a week and run a couple times a week

Abs are coming thru and @$$ is getting higher

Try lifting...........:flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i do 250 situps a day, it works.
  • nom_less
    nom_less Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @shellybelly
    I have started on the weights some 5 months ago as well.. I do it about 2x a week. trying to increase the weights and reps gradually
  • nom_less
    nom_less Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bumping up for more inputs.
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try the hula hoop. It works!