Under Calories one day, Over calories the next?

Options
If I was considerably and unintentionally under my calories yesterday (687 short), is it ok to make up for some of those today? I just started tracking since Monday and most of the week I have been under. I never realized how few calories I consumed on a daily basis, which is probably why I havent been losing hardly any since I began working out.

Replies

• HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Some people intentionally divvy out their calories over the week so they can eat fewer calories some days to splurge a little another day. I think you're fine :wink:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't over analyze (and I'm the queen of over analyzing!) I listen to my body...if I'm hungry I eat...If I'm not...I don't..
  • lucascmom
    lucascmom Posts: 14
    Options
    I wouldn't over analyze (and I'm the queen of over analyzing!) I listen to my body...if I'm hungry I eat...If I'm not...I don't..

Yea I do over analyze just about everything. lol

btw, way to go on your weight loss!!!!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If your body wasn't hungry that day, fine. It will even out another day when your hunger is bigger. I usually have no trouble eating all my calories, but once in a while I just don't feel like eating any more, even when I still have quite a few left. I just go with what my stomach tells me.
  • SheShe_13
    SheShe_13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I go over every now and again and it has not affected my weight loss; I agree with the previous posts, you should be ok.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I sometimes go over 500 in a day - and I haven't gained any weight in 6 weeks, only lost.

MY rule is if I'm hungry I eat, I'm not going to starve myself. If I'm not hungry, sometimes I give up my snacks. It all depends on how hectic work has been, if I had yoga that day... all depends on my activity level for the day.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I run a deficit all week so the weekend food is more fun.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly all right for MOST people to use the weekly average. If you have a metabolic disorder that can cause problems, then this might not be a good approach. But, since pounds don't come off in one day (or pack on in one day), balancing the deficit over a few days will work. Depends on how your head works - if you eat sensibly most of the week, and don't over indulge/binge heavily the days you go over this can be a good approach.
  • lucascmom
    lucascmom Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did go a bit over yesterday, still not enough to make up fully for the day before, but still is something. Now the issue is to deal with the guilt of going over. Those little red numbers make me feel so guilty. lol.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    If I was considerably and unintentionally under my calories yesterday (687 short), is it ok to make up for some of those today? I just started tracking since Monday and most of the week I have been under. I never realized how few calories I consumed on a daily basis, which is probably why I havent been losing hardly any since I began working out.

yes, you should indeed make them up.