Calories in vs Calories out. What's the math?

Options
I did Zumba twice today for a total of 2 hours and burned around 1,300 calories. I'm eating around 1,200 calories a day in order to lose weight. I'm drinking about 12-15 glasses of water a day along with high protein meals, good fiber, carbs and fats. I guess what I'm trying to find out is i I should eat my work out calories as suggested by my fitness pal or I ok not eating them back. I feel satisfied and full all day.
Any suggestions or ideas on what works for you?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are probably way over estimating how much you are burning. I am guy and even doing a program like insanity, it would be difficult to burn 600-700 calories and hour. I would suggest eating 50% of those calories back which is a bit more realistic to what you actually burnt. That is how MFP is designed. But also with only 26 lbs to lose, I would suggest setting your account to 1 lb per week. Any more is too aggressive.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You are probably way over estimating how much you are burning. I am guy and even doing a program like insanity, it would be difficult to burn 600-700 calories and hour. I would suggest eating 50% of those calories back which is a bit more realistic to what you actually burnt. That is how MFP is designed. But also with only 26 lbs to lose, I would suggest setting your account to 1 lb per week. Any more is too aggressive.

^^^This!!!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Two hours of zumba a day, WHY ? You need to ease up on the exercise or eat more.
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options

My heart rate monitor showed 659 this morning
    And 680 in the evening. I just added them for a total of 1,300+ calories.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

My heart rate monitor showed 659 this morning
    And 680 in the evening. I just added them for a total of 1,300+ calories.

I would actually question that.. but either way, you should eat more. 1200 calories isn't enough for an active person.