What's in YOUR smoothie?!

Options
Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
I love to make smoothies a lot, sometimes for lunch or as a post dinner snack. So far I use strawberries, blue berries, bananas, mangos, Greek yogurt and Green tea in my smoothies - I use skim milk too. I need new ideas for my smoothies or I'll get tired of drinking the same ones. lol Also if you know of some recipe that includes veggies that would be great!

Replies

• adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use Market Pantry chocolate protein powder, milk, blueberries, and spinach :) Tastes like a chocolate malt milkshake!
  • Tiffanie0407
    Tiffanie0407 Posts: 112
    Options
    I work at a smoothie place my favorite is mangoes raspberries and passion fruit juice i add soy protein and flax to it, but we have others like the carrot which consist of mangoes,oj,banana,carrots,and goji its delicious
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to blend together a banana, 1/2-3/4 cup berries, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup baby kale (I cheat on both of these and buy prewashed and prepped veggies), 1/2 tbsp. flax seeds, 1/2 cup yogurt, and 1./2 cup apple juice. Whew! That's a lot of stuff! Between the fruit and the aj, I can't taste the veggies at all, and there isn't a lot of juice, so not much added sugar.

I will also sometimes replace the banana with 1/4-1/2 avocado, which gives it a wonderful creamy texture.

Or, sometimes I omit the berries and replace with about 1/2 apple, chopped, and 1 tbsp. PB2.
  • toddsauers
    toddsauers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spinach, frozen pinapple and mango, a banana, and silken tofu (any tofu but silken will make it taste chalky). This recipe tastes like the tropics and is soo creamy and delicious! My four year old daughter call this one her favorite smoothie.
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I might try the silken tofu. I loathe protein powder (the only time I ever puked while pregnant was while trying to drink a smoothie made with that vile stuff), but would like to up the protein in my smoothies.
  • thinlynn143
    thinlynn143 Posts: 10
    Options
    There is a website called theworldaccordingtoeggface.com that has many different protein shake recipes on it. I really enjoy them.

My favorite has chocolate protein powder, instant coffee, sugar free caramel syrup, sugar free chocolate syrup and water. Only 116 calories and 8 grams of carbs with 21 grams of protein. Yummy
  • Celebi03
    Options
    They all sound great! thanks!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I second the "thanks"...lots of great ideas here.
  • kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A banana, scoop of vanilla protein powder, handful of frozen unsweetened raspberries, 1/4 cup of plain regular-fat yogurt, and 8 oz of orange juice (I prefer no pulp for smoothies).

~450 calories w/ 32g of protein. It's my first breakfast on workout days.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Start with banana, protein powder and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then add anything else I feel like that day.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Also, you totally have to try avocado smoothies!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    i love fruit, so i put any fresh/frozen fruit.. minus the bananas (yuck lol) 2 tablespoons chia seeds, and 6 ounces propel. Thats it! =)

Typically 185 calories, depending on fruit! =)
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and ground flax go in every smoothie I make :P
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Berries
    Almond milk
    Protein powder (unsweetened vanilla, for the fewest carbs)
    Powdered chlorella (greens in powder form!)
    Chia seeds (helps thicken it, fiber, etc.)
    Acai powder if I have it, just a teaspoon or something
    Coconut water to top it all of and make sure I have enough fluid

Or:
    Almond milk
    Protein powder
    Half a banana
    1-2 tablespoons of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    Chia seeds

I like the idea of the chocolate / coffee one!
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    banana, yogurt (I like strawberry), Trader Joe's whey protein (2 scoops), and Martinelli's apple juice, and ice. Heaven...
  • health_now21
    Options
    i've recently started making this a breakfast option:

1/2 block silken tofu, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbs. chia seeds, 2 tbs. avocado, 1 cup unsweetened soy milk. it's delicious! with a yogurt-like consistancy and very filling.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I ussually throw in 1/4 cup of oats, and a handful of spinich leaves too, doesnt really change the taste much and adds extra nutrients :) I also like soy milk in them, and coconut milk, plus mangos go well too!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    125g frozen berries
    1-2 frozen bananas
    150g low fat berry yoghurt
    myofusion protein powder
    2 tbsp coconut cream

+cocoa if I want chocolate flavour

this is more like ice cream / frozen yoghurt tho, you can turn it upside down in the container and it doesn't move.

its fricken awesome.
  • Celebi03
    Options
    yuuuum! thanks for all the ideas. :)