Low Fat Recipe Book or website

Options
orlandosgoddess21
orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
Hello everyone. I am looking for recommendations for great low fat cookbooks or websites. My BF finally is open to me cooking lighter (he has decided to lose some weight too since he is at his highest weight too) and I want to make some of his favorite recipes and some new great ones. So who better to ask then the wonderful mfp community :-)

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    sparkrecipe.com is amazing!!
  • seasha86
    seasha86 Posts: 38
    Options
    eatbetteramerica.com and eatingwell.com is where I get most of my recipes from. :happy:
  • seasha86
    seasha86 Posts: 38
    Options
    sparkrecipe.com is amazing!!

That one is a good one too!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    Today I discovered a feature at allrecipes.com...just above the reviews (on most recipes) is nutritional information. Now, not many of the recipes are healthy, but I did find some that I was interested in. :-)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I use:

www.hungry-girl.com

www.eatingwell.com

www.3fatchicks.com

www.skinnytaste.com
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I LOVE COOKING LIGHT! They have a monthly magazine, many cookbooks and a website. Cookinglight.com It gives you all the nutrition counts with every recipe!
  • csjuly08
    csjuly08 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good for you!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I use cookinglight.com and myrecipes.com
    Weight Watchers has some pretty good cookbooks out. I have one or two, but they are packed away so I can't tell you the names.
    You best bet is to stay with recipes that have the nutrition info, if they don't, don't bother with the recipe.
    I just picked up "Cuisine Lite Fresh & Fabulous" magazine from the grocery store. Every recipe looks amazing! There are over 80 recipes in the one issue under 390 calories.
    This magazine has main dishes and also pairs them with side dishes. A plus.
    If you can find it, pick it up. It's a little pricey $10 but appears to be worth it (at least to me)
    I posted a Flounder Piccata recipe last week that was awesome and I made again tonight. (I used tilapia - FYI)
    Ok, I'm rambling.
    Sorry.
    Stephanie
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have you seen Dr. Weil's website? There are many nutritious recipes posted, and you can have nutritional newsletters e-mailed to you daily.
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is a great site! And you can find many old "favorites" out there - redone to be a lot more healthy. I've always been happy with the recipes I've found there! There's even a margarita recipe that is super yummy with a lot less calories!!