Deployed and in need of a new weight lifting routine

Options
I am currently deployed and I am looking for a new weight lifting routine that will add lots of strength and mass. I am not a beginner lifter by any means, just looking for something new to do that has proven results. Any suggestions? Thanks guys and gals.

Replies

• natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow. Not one reply. Is this site going downhill? I know it has been a while since I have been on, but man.
  • Prplhead
    Prplhead Posts: 82
    Options
    What equipment do you have access to?
  • natekorpusik
    Options
    What equipment do you have access to?

I have access to a simple cable machine. lots of dumbbells, benches, incline and decline, leg press machine, all legs actually except for calves, squat rack, smith machine and pull up rack.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Try Body Beast!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Wow. Not one reply. Is this site going downhill? I know it has been a while since I have been on, but man.

I feel ya man.. i asked several months back about some things i could so at home as far as lifting goes without access to a gym or weights.. or which hand weights i could even buy to start out, and what i should start out doing.. ive never lifted in my entire life.. unless ice cream counted! and not a single soul replied.. i commented on my own thread THREE times.. NADA! At least you got a few replies... I wish i could help ya.. but maybe someone will help me through your thread also!

Good luck & best wishes with your deployment! If you would like a care package, send me your address! I send several throughout the year to soldiers! =)

Take care! ~Heather
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have never seen that variation of PHAT. I think the one that has lower hypertrophy in between shoulders/back and Chest and Arms would be the better split.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    A few suggestions:
    The already mentioned PHAT
    5/3/1
    20 rep squat
    Upper/Lower with one day being strength based for upper and lower and the next being hypertrophy based for upper/lower
    Texas Method
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    all solid choices. my own routine is a lot closer to PHUL/PHAT than Layne's because there's no way I'm going 5 days. I always post that one anyone because 1. I like the principles and it's explained well 2. it's not SL/SS/-5/3/1 3. it's literally the only link I have.
  • natekorpusik
    Options

I feel ya man.. i asked several months back about some things i could so at home as far as lifting goes without access to a gym or weights.. or which hand weights i could even buy to start out, and what i should start out doing.. ive never lifted in my entire life.. unless ice cream counted! and not a single soul replied.. i commented on my own thread THREE times.. NADA! At least you got a few replies... I wish i could help ya.. but maybe someone will help me through your thread also!

Good luck & best wishes with your deployment! If you would like a care package, send me your address! I send several throughout the year to soldiers! =)

Take care! ~Heather

THank you Heather. IF you need any help send me a friend request. Been in the game for a long time now. I was just fishing for some new ideas. Take care.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Take care! ~Heather

Not very many people know how to successfully strength train without weights beyond the noob stage.