Rewarding Yourself As You Go

Options
Do any of you reward yourself as you lose weight? An incentive for that next 10 lbs....20 lbs....50....what-have-you?

I am approaching my weight loss as I want to lose 10 lbs, 10 times. That makes it not seem so daunting to me. For each 10 lbs I lose, I am thinking about giving myself a reward for reaching that goal (like a new charm for my bracelet.....or a trip to the bead store so I can make myself some more jewelry). 50 lbs is going to be another tattoo and when I get to goal, I'm going to get another tattoo.

Does anyone else do a reward system for themselves?

Replies

• tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do monthly rewards for hrs worked out, I have lost the wt I needed to over the last yr and a half so have bought clothes along the way, I dropped almost 10 sizes. I rewarded myself in Feb with a gym and personal trainer. This summer I am getting a car, every time I drive it, I will remember that this is a lifelong journey.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My rewards to myself were buying workout clothes in the next smallest size as soon as I could squeeze into it haha
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i really like the idea of rewarding for hours worked out, i think i might shift to that system instead!

i'm currently rewarding myself with something small every 5 pounds for the first 20 and then every 10 pounds after that with slightly bigger things until i hit goal, at which point i will clean out the panty section at victoria's secret with no shame.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't really reward myself. As soon as I can fit into size 10 jeans again, I'm going on a shopping spree though.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself whenever I reached each Mini Goal of mine. I would always reward myself with something that would keep me motivated to keep going. A new Yoga Mat, a new exercise outfit, a yoga dvd, etc.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    not really.
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    I don't reward myself for reaching specific goals. But, I do get myself treats/tools that help me get there. For instance, today I got a set of resistance bands for traveling and I have a heart rate monitor that should arrive tomorrow. Also, I treat myself by making foods that I truly love.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Every 10 lbs or next size I fit into I go buy some new clothes I can squeeze into.
    When I lost 50 lbs. I got a chest tattoo.
    When I reach goal (11 lbs.) I will get some new tattoo
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    After losing 30 lbs I bought some new clothes, including a swimsuit ...... husband took me away for the weekend :drinker:

At 45 lbs, the swimsuit is too big ....... still need to shop for a replacement, summer's almost here ......

And when I reach 50 lbs, am definitely getting a massage !
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do monthly rewards for hrs worked out, I have lost the wt I needed to over the last yr and a half so have bought clothes along the way, I dropped almost 10 sizes. I rewarded myself in Feb with a gym and personal trainer. This summer I am getting a car, every time I drive it, I will remember that this is a lifelong journey.

That sounds like a fantastic idea!
  • Chelle377
    Chelle377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I reward myself when I get to specific goals I set for myself.. every 20 pounds I get myself a couple of outfits that fit, after 50 pounds I got some fastfood, when I get under 200 pounds I'm going out for a Japanese food celebration with family and friends, when I get to the ultimate goal I'm getting a new wardrobe and a new tattoo.. :)
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I think I may start... It sounds like a good idea. :smile:
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of this myself but want to do non-food related rewards...

I was also thinking of putting $0.50 in a jar every time I workout for half an hr, and $1 every workout longer than 30 min, and when I reach $100 buy something for myself, workout clothes, new shoes, anything, and start the jar over again after each $100 reached... I saw that idea online somewhere.

This is what I had so far for mini-goal ideas:

down to:
    DONE -10 lbs (only one I did by poundage) - weights (small hand weights)
    -25 lbs - $25 at bath and body works (I decided $25 because this will be a lil over 25 lbs lost lol)
    -35 lbs - new exercise clothes (1 outfit or a really good sports bra that I shy away from getting due to cost!)
    -40 lbs - $50 Sephora shopping - if done by my 40th birthday which is a big goal for me, then I will also get extra spoiled by my man with a weekend away just us and FULL BODY MASSAGE
    -50 lbs - Lil over halfway point - new outfit, head to toe (including bra/panties!)
    -60 lbs - new perfume
    -70 lbs - new workout videos/outfit
    -85 lbs - goal weight (so far) SHOPPING SPREE FOR NEW OUTFITS!! Toss "all fat clothes" celebration!!

-85 is my "so far" goal weight as I haven't been lighter than that since college, so from there I will see what I think/feel about if I need to go further or happy with where I am.

I also decided to do some maintenance goals when I get there, like 6 months maintenance (no more than 10 lbs up from goal) and I will again buy a new outfit or get another full body massage and new exercise videos or gym membership.

Thats what I thought of, it may or may not change as time goes, but that's my starting point.

20 lbs lost
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!