One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream :)

Options
KariRoseDoll
KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
So, I saw this on Rule of Yum and I figured I would share it, because I'm sure it would work as a good craving-fix that isn't high calorie for those of you that like bananas.

All you need is some bananas. You chop them up into slices, and pop them in the freezer for four hours. Then you just put them in a food processor, and done! I plan to try it soon. If anyone else has tried it, I'd love to hear what they thought.

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I just hunked up my first banana to try this tonight. What I saw said 24 hours, so I was waiting till tomorrow night.
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yes, I will try this one, maybe I will add cinnamon or a little peanutbutter. :smile:
  • KariRoseDoll
    Options
    Tell me how it turns out. I have to wait until tomorrow because I'm fresh out of bananas!
  • VickieJRobinson
    Options
    I wonder if this would work with other fruit?
  • KariRoseDoll
    Options
    I saw something similar with strawberries, but it included other ingredients. I think the reason why it works with bananas is because of the texture.
  • pamisgoingtogetfit
    Options
    I saw a similar recipe where you add 1 tbsp of almond butter (just ground almonds, nothing else) and a tbsp of cocoa powder.

I haven't tried it yet though.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    The thing I saw said it also needed to be a ripe banana. I've been waiting all week to freeze tonight! Hope it's good tomorrow.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've made it with a little cocoa powder and some walnuts. It was really nice!
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I've done something similar by taking a frozen banana and blending it with a little coconut milk and some coco powder (or a hot chocolate packet will do in a pinch). Very delicious :)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done this before. The texture is amazingly like ice cream, but the taste is all banana. I think it would be great with a squirt of chocolate or a little bit of peanut butter.
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I always have sliced chunks of bananas in the freezer because I add them to my smoothies instead of ice.
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Damn i have justed posted a topic for this! i love it! its great as a quick snack and brill for the old sweet tooth!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a YoNannas machine it works a bit better than a blender. It makes a wonderful ice cream I also add other frozen fruit.
  • tinychuck
    tinychuck Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've made it quite a lot. It's nice with other fruit- I put tinned peaches for example in sometimes- you can basically just experiment with whatever your favourite ice cream flavour is. Ripe bananas work best!
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I'm definitely going to have to try this!

:smile:
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Best banana I ever had. Tried a few months ago. Best 90 cals I had. I prefer the banana pancake though.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This is good, but it's nothing special.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have seen this on Rachel Ray, but once you put the frozen fruit into the food processor, she added heavy cream.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I made this with my chocolate protein and added a little bit of almond milk to help blend