Trying something new

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site and am just looking for something to keep me motivated.

Long story short, I had some success with weight loss last year, became unmotivated and rebounded over the last few months so here I am again - healthier than I was but not where I want to be yet (difficult to say no to the 4 month long string of holiday sweets / girl-scout cookies that people seem to bring to the office at least once a week haha).

This time around I'd like to join a class at my current gym (LA Fitness) but not sure where to start. Any suggestions on a good class for a big guy like me would be appreciated.

Replies

• eswartz0728
    eswartz0728 Posts: 47
    Options
    Id say it depends on what you like. Have you ever tried kick boxing?? I love it and its an awesome workout!!!
  • Rocky4234
    Rocky4234 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have tried that! Been years though but it would be fun to try again.
  • Hike_higher
    Hike_higher Posts: 86
    Options
    You could try a body pump style class. Feel free to add me if you want another friend
  • jeanniemarie73
    jeanniemarie73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My husband likes the spinning class at LA Fitness and kickboxing or bootcamp
  • Rocky4234
    Rocky4234 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yeah the bootcamp looks cool, obstacle course and all. Was considering cycling too as a start but I never liked the bike machines very much.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yeah the bootcamp looks cool, obstacle course and all. Was considering cycling too as a start but I never liked the bike machines very much.

My advise: if you don't like bike machines, don't join cycling lol. If you dislike something it will be hard to get the energy and motivation to keep going. Find something you like :) My gym sometimes offers days were you can go in and try all the different classes, maybe see if they have something like that? :)
  • sbrown78
    sbrown78 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone i'm new to MyFitnessPal..I hope i can stay inspired and continue on. I really just want to see results.