Weight gain for one bad day :(

Options
Katiedxxxx
Katiedxxxx Posts: 23 Member
Is it possible to gain 3lb from one bad day? Seems a lot! Thrown me a bit to be honest! Usually eat low carb wet for a meal ate pizza bread ice cream chocolate all night but nothing else during day apart from a protein shake and I am 3lb up this morning :( xx

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    You had alot of sodium so your body is retaining all the water - don't sweat it
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    + you still most likely have that pizza inside you.

scary eh.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It's normal to have fluctuations of up to 3 pounds I think - I'm sure it won't be lasting damage. I was feeling pretty awful after eating a bit too much this week and a binge on thursday - but still managed to lose a pound! One binge won't have a lasting effect.
  • yaseenahmed
    Options
    It may infact be good, It might help accelerate your metabolism. Just control your diet for the next few days more rigorously. You will loose what you gained up.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    weight does vary, its differ everyday for me. lol and your tiny! dont worry love! :D
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You had alot of sodium so your body is retaining all the water - don't sweat it

Or do sweat it! See what I did there?
  • fushouka
    fushouka Posts: 9
    Options
    A weight gain, yes.

A fat gain? Nope.

Don't sweat it. Stay well hydrated and get ready to pee all that water retention off. For it to be a 3lb fat gain you'd have to eat your TDEE and 10,500 kCal on top of that.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Probably just water weight + food weight.

If you weigh yourself daily, youll see your weight fluxuate like crazy every day.

In my case, I can gain as much as 10 lbs, and lose it in a week. The body works in strange ways.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    5lb gain here!
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I put 3.5 kilos on and the start of the week just by having a slice of cheesecake and some chocolate. By Friday it was gone. Didn't do anything special but return to my normal eating