Run, Zombies! Friend?

Options
I am starting the Run, Zombies! App on Monday (if you don't know what this is, it is like couch to 5k it just adds a zombie game element) I am a very very asmatic begginer, but plan to stay at this at least 3 days a week. I would love someone who is going through the program to talk about the app and motivate eachother. I'd really like to be able to run a 5k in July of this year but I have registered for m first 5k in October already, but if I am reay before then even better!

Replies

• BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Pick me! I'm just getting started with the Zombies, Run! story line app, but would be fine with doing the 5K Training app first!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Wrote you, I'm sute sure if they are two different apps and is one harder?
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    Anyone? I am going to start with the Zombies run 5k training
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Anyone? I am going to start with the Zombies run 5k training

I've done the full first season which is 26 missions, now season 2 is out and I'm onto the 4th next I think, I also ran the 5 and 10k missions in season 1, havent done the 5k trainer but yah, add me we can talk about it.

zombies season 2 the zombies are faster. its hard. almost too hard for me to outrun them.

its really fun you will love it and it will make you want to run for the next part of the story.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've been running with the Zombie, Run! app for a little while now (the original rather than the 5k trainer). I'm trying to get back on track for my 10k in July. The voice acting can be a but rough at times, but overall, it's fun.
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have this app, and you can also just do a very quick walk to it, just turn off the gps function within the program. It's cool!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to join starting Monday as well. I'm also a beginner and would be much more likely to stick with it if it was a situation of mutual motivation.

Which app are you using?
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm already doing the Zombies, Run! 5K, but it isn't enough for me, i run the mission in one way for about half an hour until it's done and then jog back in a free-form run. Anyway i'm starting week 3 on Monday.

my profile: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/dheu/
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    Thanks all - Kanras I've wrote you about being buddies - Still open for anyone else who wants to start this program with me : )
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
  • easternNCchick
    Options
    Im on week 3 session 2..kicking my tail, Ive had to take off for some injuries. When the app tells you to take a day or two off, DO IT!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Yes, get in the group.

ETA: Because of the lack of an S in the title, it sounds in my head like The Inbetweeners.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    There is a Run, Zombies! group (that was already linked) and a Run, Zombies 5K group (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13570-zombies-run-5k-training), both of which are good groups for support, and also random questions, and just general nice folk. :D

I'm restarting my 2nd week, as the 3rd week is a bit much for me atm. :D
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow...this is the 1st I'm hearing of this app! I'm in!
  • easternNCchick
    Options
    Wow...this is the 1st I'm hearing of this app! I'm in!

It is pretty awesome! Makes it fun and not boring to run
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I adore that app :D I am really into video games and zombies this was perfect for me :)
  • easternNCchick
    Options
    I adore that app :D I am really into video games and zombies this was perfect for me :)

LOL ditto ^

I have a slight obsession with zombies, hence ticker
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ah...been looking for an app like this! so excited...just installed it :)