UK Restaurants....

Options
What are the best restaurants to go to in the UK in terms of nutritional info being available & low fat choices of food? I always end up in Pizza Express for their 500 cal pizzas. Would love to try more places without ruining my calorie count.

Xx

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What about going for a carvery or if you're doing Italian try having pasta or meat n veg x
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    I wouldn't really say subway is a restaurant, but they always have their nutritional information on display and have loads of tasty low fat options! i usually have my lunch their once a week-ish and the calories come out around 400 cal.
    I'm not really sure on any other places, i hate asking for the information because they give you 'the look' if you know what i mean haha! x
    Edit: Oh i think Nando's is suppost to be quite good but i've never counted calories there, I've just had a quick look on the online menu and the calories seam pretty fair :)
  • kimmiemac30
    kimmiemac30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Frankie & Benny's and Prezzo do low calorie options. Prezzo even tell you the calories in their wine!
  • ssime1980
    ssime1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeh I also get a Subway sometimes for the same reason. KFC has its nutritional info on display but its hardly low cal & healthy! Haha! But sometimes useful for a wee hangover cure....
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Wetherspoons print all the calories on their menus and have some good choices there, reasonably priced too.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    When I went to Nandos I was pleasantly surprised. Love it as well.
  • ssime1980
    ssime1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing thanks guys, love eating out at the wends...
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Most of the pub/restaurant chains publish nutritional values on their websites .. Toby Grill, Table Table ASK etc
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yo sushi!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wagamama & Pizza Hut both publish their calories. Pizza Hut has a few low calorie healthy options.

I find it really annoying when restaurants do the whole '500 calorie meal' thing when those are the only meals they publish calories for. Calorie counting isn't about eating as few as possible, it's about reaching a goal. If I've got 900 calories left for dinner, I'm not going to want a 500 calorie meal. They seem to completely miss the point of why people are on calorie controlled diets.
  • MartialArtsDream
    Options
    Harvester is quite healthy and they also display kcal in wine. Nando's is ok and you can find most of their choices in here when you'll be logging your food.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Wagas is pretty high on cals for a lot of the meals. I go to ASK, Prezzo, Cafe Rouge and Strada and can count the cals.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Prezzo is one of my favourites. They also do lighter versions of the standard meals, which is good because you get all the taste but less calories!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wagamama & Pizza Hut both publish their calories. Pizza Hut has a few low calorie healthy options.

I find it really annoying when restaurants do the whole '500 calorie meal' thing when those are the only meals they publish calories for. Calorie counting isn't about eating as few as possible, it's about reaching a goal. If I've got 900 calories left for dinner, I'm not going to want a 500 calorie meal. They seem to completely miss the point of why people are on calorie controlled diets.

This bugs me too! i tweeted frankies asking if they had a full menu of their calories and they said no, just the lighter option. Kinda puts me off going when there's only a choice of about 5 things.