Sugar?

Options
I had no idea I had such a sweet tooth until I joined here!

I'm working on cutting down my sugar intake, but it's hard. It seems like EVERYTHING has sugar in it. It doesn't help that I can't have artificial sweeteners because of allergies, although I generally don't react to Splenda.

How do you stay within daily sugar limits when you can't have food branded "sugar-free"?

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I had no idea I had such a sweet tooth until I joined here!

I'm working on cutting down my sugar intake, but it's hard. It seems like EVERYTHING has sugar in it. It doesn't help that I can't have artificial sweeteners because of allergies, although I generally don't react to Splenda.

How do you stay within daily sugar limits when you can't have food branded "sugar-free"?
    Ignore the sugar listings on here unless you're a diabetic!! MFP sets the target ridiculously low - a couple of pieces of fruit & you're over as the database counts ALL sugar as the same, whether it's naturally occurring in the food - such as in fruit, veg, milk, or added in processing. For the best of health you want to avoid ADDED sugar - as you are aware, but don't stress about the sugar that unprocessed food contains naturally. Why not track something else instead - such as fibre?
  • zombiefishfish
    Options
    Holy crap. I had no idea you could do that. Thank you! Tracking fiber is DEFINITELY more useful.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, my problem as well.