Post Pregnancy weight loss

Options
Hi everyone, I had my baby 2 weeks ago now and I'm looking to get back into shape with diet and exercise (of course). This is my second child and I put on 3 stone. I'm looking for friends who want to get back into shape and into their pre pregnancy clothes!
I'm firstly starting with diet so basically eating healthy and smaller portions and then slowly getting back into some kind of fitness regime. Finding the time with 2 children and work will be very difficult so I will need lots of motivation!

Add me if your losing your weight too xx

Replies

• VendettaMachine84
    VendettaMachine84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia! I am 3 months post partum, and also looking to get back into my pre-preg clothes asap! I gained 38 pounds while pregnant, and have 18 still left to go :( I joined mfp years ago (starting at a similar weight as I am now), and lost 20 pounds. It's hard staying motivated and finding the time to be healthy with a little one!!! I friended you! :)
  • avaandreeciesmama
    avaandreeciesmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I'm 3 months post partum as well. Add me as your friend. My pre-pregnancy weight was around 150 and got up to 183 yikes! I dropped down to 144 really quickly without really trying. Started MFP 4/2/13 and have lost 7 lbs since! I work full-time also and will be returning to school this summer so I am really busy (have 2 little girls)! need all the motivation I can get!
  • avaandreeciesmama
    avaandreeciesmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I'm 3 months post partum as well. Add me as your friend. My pre-pregnancy weight was around 150 and got up to 183 yikes! I dropped down to 144 really quickly without really trying. Started MFP 4/2/13 and have lost 7 lbs since! I work full-time also and will be returning to school this summer so I am really busy (have 2 little girls)! need all the motivation I can get!
  • Mrs5707
    Mrs5707 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am 2 months pp and needing to drop the rest of my weight. I gained about 45 lbs during pregnancy, which I wanted to lose 10 beforehand but wasn't able to.. I've lost 29 so far with 16 left to get back to my pre-preg weight, and 10 more to meet my target weight. So glad to have ya'll here as motivators and support! I'm adding you as friends!
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just had a baby and i'm looking to be friends with other users in the same boat :) add me as a friend
  • fairymuse
    fairymuse Posts: 1
    Options
    Ive lost 11 lbs in 3 months due to cutting snacks out and eating food from their original state, you do not have to waste your money on these fads to lose weight you just need guidance on how to eat correctly, my food is tastier than ever and all natural...the energy I have is unbelievable and I never have negative thoughts now. Besides, I followed one post pregnancy weight loss program that really helped me a lot. You can read about it here http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/post-pregnancy-weight-loss-key-to-looking-good-after-birth-of-baby-225069.htm
  • jenjones2011
    jenjones2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm just about 6 mo PP and although I'm at my pre preg weight, many of my clothes just don't fit without that annoying muffin top and jelly belly that I didn't have before. Looking for some support buddies to continue on a weight loss journey (could afford to lose about 20 more lbs just to be healthy) but also a toning up journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm the worst of the group so far. I'm 26 months PP. Oh MY. I started my pregnancy at 186 and got up to 213. Since then, I got up to 220. That's right - I weigh even MORE now than I did during my last trimester of pregnancy. I joined MFP about a month ago and have been toning a lot. Have only lost a couple of pounds. Looking for some motivation. I had a c-section so would LOVE support on getting that darn belly flab away. My belly, my hips, my thighs are not too happy
  • Tubby2Trim
    Options
    I'd love to join you girls. I'm 9 months PP and am just about down to my previous weight, but like some of you I certainly feel much more flabby and wobbly than before. Plus, my pre-pregnancy weight was 2 stone over my goal weight to begin with!

I'd love the support so please add me, lots of motivation required!

I'm 28,
    5'6''
    148lbs,
    goal 130lbs.

I've started the 30 Day Shred, 30 Day Squat Challenge, 30 Days of Planking and 30 Day Bum Challenge........all at once. Mad. The next 30 days are going to be HORRENDOUS!
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I had that same problem, I gained 25 lbs with my last child LOL! My wife gets skinnier and I get fatter with every baby- and we have 5!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'll be in the same boat in a few weeks! I added you!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter 8.5 months ago. She is my second child as well. I was at the very top of my "healthy weight range" as it was with my first child at 155 lbs. I got all the way up to 214 with him and lost down to 157 after. When I got pregnant with my daughter I was 162 (gained 5 pounds over the holidays I got pregnant shortly after the new year). I had a much healthier gain and got up to 196 the day I delivered. By time I returned to work 6 weeks PP I was 172. I started really dieting and exercising in January when my daughter was 3 months old after we got moved into and settled at our new home and have lost 19 pounds and am now 153. Less than I was before my first pregnancy! I am still working to lose about 18 more pounds as I def still have flab and then would like to tone, but it didn't take me long to get back to even smaller then pre pregnancy weight. Just stay determined you all will do great!! Good luck!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    almost 8 months PP over here! the hardest time ive ever had trying to lose weight and eat healthy! Its like my body needs to be in a looney bin!.... I was nursing the first 6 months (didnt lose a lb) and now i go back and forth so much between eating too much eating too little exercise no exercise ... but i am still trying!
  • Mommakat24
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm 9 months pp, I was 173 pre pregnancy and gained about 35 pounds, but now I'm at 194. I'm looking to make friends with other mommas on here trying to lose the weight, so please add me!
  • yavrig
    yavrig Posts: 28
    Options
    Focus on clean and healthy eating right now. At 2 weeks post partum, exercise should not necessarily be on your radar. Walking is okay, but give your body the time to heal and finish "bleeding". I found breastfeeding to be the greatest help for weight loss in the first 6 months post partum. My son is now 18 months old, and look at my weight loss! I only gained 10 lbs during my pregnancy, but that was because I just simply couldn't eat much b/c of morning sickness, every day, all day, all 9 months. The weight will come off. Give the gift of boob to your newborn (if you are able to), and watch the weight melt off. In another 4 weeks, start exercising, slowly at first and eat the right way.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My baby is now 13 months old. Do I still count as postpartum :-)? I have about 50lbs to lose and I did not gain these with my two pregnancies, rather breastfeeding was the culprit! Add me!
  • hawkeyerica
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am new to this and am not sure how to go about this adding people or being part of a group? I am 5.5 weeks postpartum and have about 25 pounds to lose. I'm walking right now and trying to track my calories until my doctor gives me the okay to start really working out, but am not seeing the progress from tracking my calories alone.
    I was unable to breastfeed and was wondering what worked for you all? Was it cardio? Weights? Staying under your calories by a certain amount? Eating certain foods? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!!!
    ~Erica