Help! Anyone..

Options
StArBeLLa87
StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
Has anyone ate below 1000 calories on average a day lose weight then stopped losing! Then realized how foolish you were to be eating that low of calories to begin with!
Well I'm guilty of that and now I'm upping my calories I've gone from consuming under 400 cals a day to consuming 1250 to 1300ish a day and have been in a stall for two weeks but only gained 1lb and 1/2... Thank god but my question is has anyone ever been in this situation and have upped there calories styled active but still weight is a holt? If so how long did this go on for? Any input please!

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    hey, just eat at 1300-1400 for a few weeks, and your body will get used to it, and eventually you'll start losing again. Don't worry, it's happened to a bunch of people! :flowerforyou:
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hey, just eat at 1300-1400 for a few weeks, and your body will get used to it, and eventually you'll start losing again. Don't worry, it's happened to a bunch of people! :flowerforyou:

this is right on! also maybe for a few weeks cut out dairy, white flour, processed foods, white rice. concentrate on fresh whole foods, like vegetables, in stews or baked, or steamed, fresh fruits and lean proteins..it will kick start you. Don't fret...you are on the right track. Starving your body is never good.

Best of Luck.
  • StArBeLLa87
    Options

this is right on! also maybe for a few weeks cut out dairy, white flour, processed foods, white rice. concentrate on fresh whole foods, like vegetables, in stews or baked, or steamed, fresh fruits and lean proteins..it will kick start you. Don't fret...you are on the right track. Starving your body is never good.

Best of Luck.

I'm a celiac so I don't eat rice or wheat or potatoe just chicken and veggies fruits eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast look at my diary

Ty for your input though
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Wowsa would have eaten my arm. Just upped my intake from 1200 to 1400 as felt ill on so little, still lost this week( 2llbs) I've also dropped my exercise from 6 days to when I feel like it as I've realised my calorie intake was so low I was gonna loose anyway, give your body time to adapt. Worth reading fattofit and doing their calculations for a realistic goal which is achievable and healthy. One thing I noticed on such a low calorie diet is my periods have stopped so I assume when they start again my body is adapting to the new intake. Your hormone levels will probably need to adapt to the change. Don't be so hard on yourself and give it time. Slow is healthier and you may loose nothing 1 week and 2llb the next. Slow and steady is more likely to stay off. Good luck.
  • anniemarianas
    Options
    Very guilty :( I survived on 300 - 600 calories for about 3 weeks and lost a hefty amount but i started fainting and feeling dizzy a lot so I stopped (i'm prone to such things, unfortunately)

I'm now trying to hit at least 1200 every day - eating under 1000 has a lot of side effects and baggage that I'm not willing to deal with at the moment (hair loss, easy bruising, joint paint, eventual ORGAN FAILURE AND DEATH)

But when I raised my weight loss slowed (even stopped for about a week or two) and then went down much slower than before but steadier. :)
  • StArBeLLa87
    Options
    Lol yeah I didn't feel hungry but I knew it wasn't healthy and thank god for the awesome people on MFP I couldn't of done it without them I was so so foolish! Yeah I've lost 23lbs buts its been almost. 2 weeks since I've lost a single ounce sucks!
  • StArBeLLa87
    Options
    Very guilty :( I survived on 300 - 600 calories for about 3 weeks and lost a hefty amount but i started fainting and feeling dizzy a lot so I stopped (i'm prone to such things, unfortunately)

I'm now trying to hit at least 1200 every day - eating under 1000 has a lot of side effects and baggage that I'm not willing to deal with at the moment (hair loss, easy bruising, joint paint, eventual ORGAN FAILURE AND DEATH)

But when I raised my weight loss slowed (even stopped for about a week or two) and then went down much slower than before but steadier. :)

Yeah I suffer from OCD and with that came a ED UGH so it has been tough but I've lost 23lbs in 5weeks and lost 12inches all over not proud if how I lost it though! Been 7 weeks since I've started on this weight loss journey so the last 2 weeks have been my stall!
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options

Yeah I suffer from OCD and with that came a ED UGH so it has been tough but I've lost 23lbs in 5weeks and lost 12inches all over not proud if how I lost it though! Been 7 weeks since I've started on this weight loss journey so the last 2 weeks have been my stall!

OCD sucks, I've suffered for years, benefits for me were natural weight loss during stressful periods but be careful with swopping one form of obsession for another. 23llbs loss in 5 weeks says it all, that's a quick drop. Haven't read your profile but do you need to loose weight? Catch yourself when you begin obsessing the calories/ exercise and take the honest opinion of those close to you who care. Good luck
  • StArBeLLa87
    Options
    Update lol YAY proud to say that eating 1400 cals a day for the last week paid off finally lost a lb and half! WOOHOO