2.5 months using myfitness pal. Down almost 30lbs

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Joe and I'm 36 years old. I was hovering around 225-230lbs for the longest time. Cutting back, dieting, etc, etc. I'd go up and down throughout the years. I've used myfitness pal to count calories and weighed in this morning at 196lbs! Everyone can tell I've already lost a lot in my stomach and face.

What I like most about this program is I can eat anything I want (even though I don't) and when the calories are gone they are gone. I have set mine to aggressive doing 1500 calories per day.

My typical day.

Breakfast - sugar free carnation chocolate with skim milk
Lunch - 1/3lb of sliced turkey lunch meat, 2 tablespoons of horseradish mustard, 2 light string cheeses, and a dannon cherry greek yogurt. If I have a business lunch or it's the weekend I try to eat a grilled chicken salad or grilled chicken sandwich.

**Added note. I haven't had red meat in 2.5 months** This was just a healthy choice I made.

For dinner I try to stick to about 750 calories being my largest meal of the day. I grill a lot of fish and chicken.

No french fries for 2.5 months either and nothing fried.

It takes a lot of willpower but when you start seeing results it's well worth it.

You don't have to eat as healthy as I do to lose weight. When your calories are done they are done. You could have ribs or buffalo wings, etc. But you just have to realize your portions will be small.

I already cut out all desserts from my diet about 1.5 years ago because I was diagnosed with diabetes. Controlled by diet.

Glad to be aboard.

I joined the gym this week too which should really help me attain my goal of 160lbs by the end of August. I try to work out 1 hour each morning 4 days a week. Right now I'm working mostly on the treadmill and bike to break a sweat and burn about 500 calories.

Replies

• HappyWifeBeth
    HappyWifeBeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job Joe! 30 lbs is amazing!!

I gave up fries for Lent this year... It was harder than I thought it would be, but I made it the 40 days :)
  • VonnieKicks97
    VonnieKicks97 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep the good work!!!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Joe. Good job. It is a very good achievement.

Try to start lifting weight when you feel more comfortable at the gym.
    you can hire a personal trainer if they have them at your gym , to show you good form.

Good luck in your journey. Keep up posted.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    That's fantastic - great job!
    Isn't is great to be able to eat whatever you'd like - and you're doing it the best way, making healthier choices. Keep up the good work!
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress ! Hopefully u can kick the diabetes. Great work!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congrats Joe and great job. Keep up the good work.
  • cindyjoesousa
    cindyjoesousa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Thats wonderful news!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! I started Jan 1 2012 and have lost 86 pounds by counting calories and adding a little exercise..My brother has diabetes and has lost over 100 pounds but is legally blind and nearly lost his foot because of diabetes..I stopped eating french fries, no more donuts at work on "donut Friday", and now I shop for low fat, sugar free, and I eat more fruits and vegetables than before..I still eat meat but do not eat red meat more than once a week..
    Whatever you choose to do, just making healthier food choices and lowering your calorie intake works..
    Keep going and good luck to you: )
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great job, Joe... I'm glad to find other people who are doing it along the same lines as I am. Keep up the great work!
  • joekleinert
    joekleinert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is the first time I've ever had a tool that told me the honest truth about the calories I was eating.
    When the daily number is up it's up.

Hope to chat more soon.

Joe