Hi all, I'm new here.

Options
layny89
layny89 Posts: 6 Member
Hey everyone! My name is Alayna, you can call me Layny. I've never had a big problem with my weight until I tried Nortriptyline for chronic shoulder pain. It's originally an antidepressant in higher doses than what I was taking, so there were risks and bad side effects possible. And the majority of them affected me. I was depressed, anxious, and gaining weight quickly. My fiance started pointing all those things out more and more so I decided to stop taking the meds. As a result I was happier and living healthier. I changed my diet and lost 25 lbs. Then, I started slacking. I've gained about 10 lbs back and would love to shed it and tone up!

My self-motivation is a bit lacking, but I think if I feel I have to come on here every day and report, I'll have better luck.

Hope to meet some great new friends!

Replies

• hannahlang85
    hannahlang85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes... posting what you eat and how much you exercised that day REALLY helps me a lot! It keeps me motivated to stay on track and it's exciting to see on screen your progress! You'll definitely see results if your honest with yourself on here and hit your goal. Good luck and lemmie know if you have any questions :)
  • layny89
    layny89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really like the features on this site. I have tried using other food and exercise trackers, but they weren't very user-friendly or populated. I felt there were never enough people going to those sites daily to get much support. But, so far, I love how easy to use it all is, and I love how many people are truly active here.
    Thanks! Will do. I got Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD through Netflicks a couple days ago, so I'll be starting level one of that tomorrow. Can't wait!