Six months in, halfway to goal: 45 lbs lost

Options
aszwarc
aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
FINALLY!

Got on the scale this morning (I'm a daily weigher, to track how salt, etc. affect my weight) and I'm halfway to my goal.

I've been a member here and actively trying to lose weight since November 2012. The first weight entries in my record are actually guestimates because the scale I had at the time was a dial type, and it was hard to see without bending over, which would make the needle move. For all I know, the 225 I recorded as my starting weight was actually 5 pounds low.

I didn't take pics then, because I loathe pics of me. Ugh. Still do, but I've taken some anyway.

ProgressMay102013_zpsc03f1504.jpg

November 2012: 225 lbs, 48% body fat (approx.)
May 10, 2013: 180 lbs, 33% body fat
Goal: 135 lbs, 20% body fat

For the first 2 months, my progress was 100% diet. But in January, I joined a gym. I'm there every day: weights 2 days a week, circuit training 1 day a week, cardio every day. I've joined 2 websites that reward for physical activity, and that alone has made me get to the gym on the days I don't feel like it.

When I switched over to spring/summer clothes, I had to buy new because last summer's 2XL tops and 18W shorts/capris were falling off. So I boxed up many of them and sent them to a friend who is in the middle of her weight loss journey and is just about to break into a 2XL from a 3XL. No more backup fat clothes in the house for me! My dresser is stocked with 12s and 14s for bottoms and medium tops (I haven't worn a medium in forever!). The tops are tighter than I'd like, but since I'm still losing, they should fit through the end of summer.

If this couch potato can do this, so can you!

EDIT: photo resized.

Replies

• maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great! Good move cleaning out the closet. Skinny clothes cheer you on!
  • luvriden
    luvriden Posts: 52
    Options
    You look amazing! It is so fun to get rid of the larger size clothes isn't it :-)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! :) Keep up the great work you are oh-so-obviously doing :)
  • aszwarc
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.

I'm a knitter by day, and it feels good to be able to knit a size other than the biggest one on the pattern.
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey!!! You look great!!! What do you use to put the photos on this topic? I can't figure out how to do that. :laugh:
  • aszwarc
    Options
    What do you use to put the photos on this topic? I can't figure out how to do that. :laugh:
    I use Photobucket. After uploading it there, click the link with [ IMG ] (without spaces) and paste it into your post, then change the IMG to lower case (img).
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am loving the purple hair!

And your journey so far is fantastic! Keep up the good work!
  • aszwarc
    Options
    I am loving the purple hair!
    It's faded right now- I need to recolor it, but first I need a haircut so there's less to deal with. I haven't had a cut since January of last year.

And I will be in shape enough to be Leela from Futurama for Halloween this year. :laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!