Need help !!

Options
The last few weeks i have been stuck at 158.5lbs.. i opened up my diary for you to look at and tell me what i should do.
Also i drink A LOT of water i just do not record it.

tips are welcome :)

Replies

• paradise444
    paradise444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you out, but I cannot see the diary...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what food you eat. It's calories in/calories out. You have to be really careful with logging and if you're eating exercise back don't eat all of it because it's never that accurate.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Why don't you up your calories for a couple of weeks??? Seems pretty low to me

Mix up your exercise too, especially if your doing same workouts!!!
  • RudHart64
    RudHart64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    try cutting carbs and more lean protien... add in some H.I.I.T and you should get things fired up again.
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would suggest upping your calories occasionally as well. I've found that when I'm stuck switching it up can help. Maybe try for 1500-1600? It sounds odd, but can make a huge difference!
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If it has been a few weeks, your body probably got used to your low calories intake.

Try to have yourself 1 or 2 cheat days, just to shock your body into rebooting your metabolism.
    So, go have yourself some homemade lasagna, pasta or burgers. it'll help you up your calories intake for at least 2 days.. at that time, you should try to aim for your calories at maintenance, which should be around 1800-1900 calories if i'm not mistaken(you should verify it yourself)

I try to prevent this situation by having myself a cheat meal/day which is usually on a Sunday, I eat above my maintenance by 200-300.

Good luck!
  • paradise444
    paradise444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok, just saw your diary. From what I see, you are eating too much sugar and too many carbs...I don`t believe that calories are calories, and you need to be eating much for vegetables. Try have vegetables and salad at lunch and dinner, snack on raw veggies and fruit, stay away from extra sugar if you can. You should start your day with complexe carbs, such as oatmeal or whole grain toast, and maybe cut the carbs for the rest of the day, no bread, no pasta, no rice, etc. This is one way to lose the weight, but you need to have some healthy fibres as well, so up the vegetables, and maybe add one seving of beans a day maybe 1/2 cup? Beans have alot of staying power, and keep you full, just be careful with the oil you drizzle, as the calories will add up wit oil. Season with balsamic vinegar, lemon, herbs, and just a bit of oil. As for the chocolate bar...if you are trying to lose weight and you really need a chocolate fix, go and buy Jello sugar free chocolate mousse (its in the refrigerator section of the grocer) and its 60 calories, and really rich and chocolaty. Made with Splenda, which is sucralose a derivative of sugar. There is alot you can do to change this up.
  • baybeecakes08
    baybeecakes08 Posts: 107
    Options
    thanks guys ! i will try upping my calories. what is H.I.I.T?>
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Mix up everything, change your eating habits, eat slightly more on some days and slightly less on others, average your daily intake to 1200 but change it up!

Add in new workouts, do things in the gym other than your favorite workout. Notice how the same workouts no longer make you sore, yet you were sore when you first did them? Or how new workouts make you sore in new ways =)
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok, just saw your diary. From what I see, you are eating too much sugar and too many carbs...I don`t believe that calories are calories, and you need to be eating much for vegetables. Try have vegetables and salad at lunch and dinner, snack on raw veggies and fruit, stay away from extra sugar if you can. You should start your day with complexe carbs, such as oatmeal or whole grain toast, and maybe cut the carbs for the rest of the day, no bread, no pasta, no rice, etc. This is one way to lose the weight, but you need to have some healthy fibres as well, so up the vegetables, and maybe add one seving of beans a day maybe 1/2 cup? Beans have alot of staying power, and keep you full, just be careful with the oil you drizzle, as the calories will add up wit oil. Season with balsamic vinegar, lemon, herbs, and just a bit of oil. As for the chocolate bar...if you are trying to lose weight and you really need a chocolate fix, go and buy Jello sugar free chocolate mousse (its in the refrigerator section of the grocer) and its 60 calories, and really rich and chocolaty. Made with Splenda, which is sucralose a derivative of sugar. There is alot you can do to change this up.
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    Mix up everything, change your eating habits, eat slightly more on some days and slightly less on others, average your daily intake to 1200 but change it up!

Add in new workouts, do things in the gym other than your favorite workout. Notice how the same workouts no longer make you sore, yet you were sore when you first did them? Or how new workouts make you sore in new ways =)

have to do all at home work outs. hubby works a lot and i am a stay at home mom with no one to babysit.. any suggestions for at home things?
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree!
  • baybeecakes08
    Options

thanks !! That makes a lot of sense !! thank you for the help i will do more veggies less sugar and carbs :) or at least try !!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

have to do all at home work outs. hubby works a lot and i am a stay at home mom with no one to babysit.. any suggestions for at home things?

Sure, go one ANY fitness website, like bodybuilding.com, mens or womens fitness, ANYTHING, if you google you can find how to videos on all kinds of workouts.

Think about splurging and buying yourself a 20 pound kettlebell or dumbbell.

I could ask you what you're currently doing, and give you alternatives, but honestly, you'll just have to change it up again in a few weeks/months, so find the types of workouts that you like and keep searching for new ideas, new ways to challenge yourself.

My favorite is planks. When I get used to those I use the ab wheel, when that becomes easy, I do sit ups with a 45 lb plate in my chest, when that fails I put the barbell on my hips with a cushion, my back against the bench, and push the barbell up with my hips, with as much weight as I can.

That last one is the most fantastic workout in the entire universe, it helps give you such power and stamina in the muscle group that you only use for one thing.. =)

HipThrust.jpg
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training = P
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training = P